A Bit Out of Order

I got thinking about it and I never introduced myself. I just jumped right in and I have to say that I felt very welcome right from the start.

My name is Andrea and as you can see I'm in the US, New York specifically. Not the city, the Finger Lakes region, wine country. I started watching British programs on PBS, as many others here have, and immediately fell in love. I started with Keeping Up Appearances, which I think is required on American PBS stations and then branched out on my own.

My favourite programs are Blackadder, Father Ted, The IT Crowd, The Vicar of Dibley, and certain seasons of Men Behaving Badly. Errr Don't hold it against me.

I'd love recommendations from all of you and I'd love to tell you about the few shows over here that are worth a look. Not much right now, as it is reality TV season and in all honesty, we don't even do reality all that well.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Hi and welcome, don't worry about not introducing yourself. Like the UK itself, BCG has porous poorly monitored borders.

Hello :)

Hello thar! :)

Welcome muchly. :)

I did the same as you and snuck in the back way. I still keep expecting someone to ask me to leave...

Hello. A very warm welcome from Robert D (known now as 'Bobby' apparently)!

Hello and welcome.

Quote: Timbo @ June 14 2009, 11:53 PM BST

I did the same as you and snuck in the back way.

Typical!

Heyho Wave

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I have begun to realize that I really don't belong here in the states and have rearranged my 5 year plan to include visiting and possibly moving to Britain. This is a kind of lifeline for me. Thanks again. I look forward to talking to you all.

If you do come over, we can always put you up for the night in the BCG bungalow.

Sounds cozy. Seriously though, I'm really leaning toward making the transatlantic move in the next few years. Just gotta get the money thing together and it's bag packing time.

What with a crappy government, taxes that could skint Bill Gates and weather that consists of only rain - would you be making the right choice?????

(I'm not exactly selling this country, am I?)

Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes

Have you seen what is going on the US for the past eight years??????
I can't do any worse.

At least your Prez hasn't signed a document stipulating that his first priority is to his home country, one over which he holds little power!