David Mitchell

Excelent interview with him in the Guardian, he does sound like a proper tortured genius and very English.

also for those of you trying to work out how to do Obama jokes, check out their mock Obama Blackberry emails. Damn it they seem to have cracked it.

Have you got a link, I can't seem to find it online for some reason.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/jun/08/g2-interview-david-mitchell-television

Thanks.

Just read it. Nice article. I take after him a bit on the ol dating front. He seems a nice chap.

Thanks Soots.

I'm looking forward to the recording of That Mitchell and Webb Sound tonight.

I think Fred Sunshine and Angie Baby will be there too. Wave

Anyone else going?

Apologies to Swertyd for getting a ticket after he mentioned it and he didn't get any! The BBC really don't like you do they Dan? What did you do to upset them?

:O

<angry noise>

Good article that, btw. Cheers Sooty.

Dan

Quote: Jane P @ June 8 2009, 12:18 PM BST

Apologies to Swertyd for getting a ticket after he mentioned it and he didn't get any! The BBC really don't like you do they Dan? What did you do to upset them?

:O

Been intimidatingly brilliant?

The recording was good fun yesterday. I'd recommend it, although they make two episodes at a time so there might not be many recordings left. I wasn't sure what to expect but it could have been a sketch show by anyone, as in most of the sketches were one offs. Maybe because of that I preferred it to their TV shows. I never really 'got' numberwang for example.

These were high quality scripts I thought and of course well performed. I can see now what I'm supposed to be aiming at! My only critique would be there were few really strong punchlines, so I guess that's a problem for everyone!

It was lovely to see Fred and Angie again and thanks for humouring me in getting to the front for a good view. David has lost weight hasn't he? :)

Shame you missed the second show and I'm not just saying it to wind you up, but we thought the sketches were even better then - Pinnochio was very good. I can't remember if he featured in the first half.

Does anyone know when they'll be aired? They didn't say last night.

Jx

This really should be in the ...Look thread Jane, but I would guess maybe September. Couple of months anyway.

David Mitchell is intensely wonderful.

Thanks Aaron.

Jx

Quote: Aaron @ June 18 2009, 11:44 PM BST

This really should be in the ...Look thread

...Sound

That's the one!

I sincerely hope David Mitchell is, as people say, the new Stephen Fry. 'Cause the old one's a bit shit.

May I kick you in the crotch?

:)