Sitcom - first scene Page 3

If im being brutally honest I've never known a beauty shop manuquin to have feet. Normally it's just the legs up unless its a special occasion i.e the mannequin is involved in some sort of relgious cereomony or its involved in a bank robery. I have dyslexia by the way, so if anyone takes the p*** out of my writing I will be really upset.

Quote: Nitram Skir @ April 12 2009, 1:56 AM BST

If im being brutally honest I've never known a beauty shop manuquin to have feet.

I wish you weren't so brutally honest! Thats just one step too far!

Dont forget ITV's charity shop sitcom pilot, "Sweet Charity", starring Mavis out of Coronation Street.

Who could forget???

Quote: SnoopsWarner @ April 12 2009, 6:13 PM BST

Dont forget ITV's charity shop sitcom pilot, "Sweet Charity", starring Mavis out of Coronation Street.

What was the premise in that?

Tom - you are FLOGGING. A. DEAD. HORSE.

Quote: don rushmore @ April 15 2009, 12:22 AM BST

Quote: Tom G @ April 12 2009, 2:21 AM BST

I wish you weren't so brutally honest! Thats just one step too far!

Don, you're a twat.

Quote: Tom G @ April 15 2009, 12:07 AM BST

What was the premise in that?

They run a charity shop, things happen outside (off screen) and they tried to break into one of those big fiberglass cartoon charity things you put coins in.

I honestly can't remember much funny about it.

Quote: Craig Hosie @ April 15 2009, 8:17 AM BST

Don, you're a twat.

Ah, yes, I think there is some bad blood here, as I dared to criticize a recent sketch by a group of your buddies.

If you post in Critique, I am entitled to give praise or criticism as I see fit - it's never anything personal.

If you don't like my comments, feel free to come back at me - but don't call me names, it's just childish.

Quote: don rushmore @ April 15 2009, 12:22 AM BST

I realise you may be the greatest comedy mind the Maldives has ever seen Don but I think the point Craig was making was that it wasn't exactly constructive.

A few people have said they feel the genre has been done to death but they identify good and bad points and suggest ideas.

I realise there have been two flopped sitcoms in this genre and a pilot in Scotland but I just think that identifies the potential and no one has given it the right formula yet.

For example:

Scrubs, only when I laugh, Green Wing

All set in hospitals and all succesful in their own right you just need the right angle.

Hi Tom, I've worked in TV for a number of years, not as someone just sending off the occasional sketch but as an actual salaried employee - so I know a little about the industry. Most of those involved in commissioning sitcoms play a percentage game, and it really is a case of "Once bitten, twice shy". As most realise on here, getting anywhere near a commission is extremely tough, even with the most original of ideas. The fact you're attempting to get a sitcom off the ground is obviously commendable and I wish you success with it, but, in my opinion, you have got next to no chance with this premise - even if you were to create a pilot script on a par with Fawlty Towers.

Having said all of that, if you decide to continue with this idea (and I have a feeling you will!), I wish you the best of luck with it and hope you prove me entirely wrong. :)

Quote: don rushmore @ April 15 2009, 7:38 PM BST

Hi Tom, I've worked in TV for a number of years, not as someone just sending off the occasional sketch but as an actual salaried employee - so I know a little about the industry. Most of those involved in commissioning sitcoms play a percentage game, and it really is a case of "Once bitten, twice shy". As most realise on here, getting anywhere near a commission is extremely tough, even with the most original of ideas. The fact you're attempting to get a sitcom off the ground is obviously commendable and I wish you success with it, but, in my opinion, you have got next to no chance with this premise - even if you were to create a pilot script on a par with Fawlty Towers.

Having said all of that, if you decide to continue with this idea (and I have a feeling you will!), I wish you the best of luck with it and hope you prove me entirely wrong. :)

That's what you should have said the first time.

Oh and, I've upgraded you to egotistical twat.

Young Craig, I'm sure Tom is big enough to fight his own battles - he doesn't need you holding his hand.

If you want to engage in a slanging match, feel free to PM me. Wave

Quote: Craig Hosie @ April 15 2009, 9:22 PM BST

That's what you should have said the first time.

Oh and, I've upgraded you to egotistical twat.

I'm going to jump in here. All he said was Tom is flogging a dead horse and I think he meant it kindly. Because he is. You meanwhile Craig are wading in with personal and then more personal comments.