ne1 know the name of this sitcom?

When I was younger I used to watch a sitcom where the father was a comic strip wrtier and spent most of the show with his lead character as a hand puppet. He was always in trouble with his editor. Does this ring any bells for anyone as I would like to track down a video of this show.

Was it on kids t.v, prime time or post watershed? When you was younger, well how old are you? And is it Australian or British?

Because I'll I can think of is Sooty.

I can't remember the name but it was an adult programme. I never actually watched the programme if only because the father was a comic strip wrtier who spent most of the show with his lead character as a hand puppet.

Strassman?

Wasnt Strassman with Chuck and Bear?

I dunno? I just remembered the name Strassman.

Rings a vague bell and I'll have to start thinking.

bump

You don't mean Basil Brush, do you? The only glove puppet I can think of right now.

Or Bodger and Badger.
Only he wasn't a comic strip writer, he just made mashed potato as far as I could tell.

Everybody knows Badger loves MASHED POTATO!

Had to be done.

There was a Mortimer and Cook show called Keep It In The Family; Robert Gillespie was the Dad and his daughters lived in the flat above - one was Stacey Dorning, the other a girl Something Franklin who was the recently deceased Bill Franklin's real life daughter. Dad was a cartoonist and I seem to remember the puppet drew the strip. There may have been 2 series, early 80s I'd say.

Sounds electric!

Quote: Charlie Adams @ April 17, 2007, 9:03 AM

Robert Gillespie was the Dad

He later went on to form Primal Scream, and dated Kate Moss for a while.

You 'avin that eh?

I think Charlie got this one, I have vague memory of it and yes it’s was good.

Check out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_it_in_the_Family_(TV_series)