Better Off Ted

New sitcom Better Off Ted started last night on ABC with Portia de Rossi, Andrea Anders (It's Aways Sunny In Philadelphia) and Jay Harrington. The previews looked promising and I was looking forward to more when it was over. Portia de Rossi was funny as hell as the straight faced boss and the rest of the cast worked very well.

I thought it was a pun, referencing the fact that Father Ted would be better off left alone, with no new episodes, which is true.

Loved Potia DiRossi in Arrested Development, and he is total honey. I don't get ABC, though. Verdammt!

Yeah, that's exactly what it's about.

Quote: Balf @ March 19 2009, 9:11 PM GMT

Loved Potia DiRossi in Arrested Development, and he is total honey. I don't get ABC, though. Verdammt!

She! shit, sorry Portia.

Sounds like it could be interesting this, read a couple of good reviews. I'll have to try and watch it somewhere . . . *cough, cough*

A friend of mine gave me a not-quite-running commentary of this whilst she was watching, and thought it was awful. Might still give it a go though.

It was...okay. Portia de Rossi was great as always and the show has definite potential. The funnies weren't consistent enough in this episode. But it was one I'll definitely keep my eye on, to see how it progresses.

Yup, quite enjoyed it myself. Don't really recall laughing, but a good watch, and the daughter and assistanty/secretary type are great.

I watched it last night and thought it was pretty good for a first episode. I'd like to see more.

Just been watching the first ep.

I really like it. Agree with Aaron, the joke rate is a bit low, but the characters are great.

Portia di Rossi... Lovey

I watched the first one, could be good in time, though get rid of the pointless 'at home with wise daughter' bits. The episode also just seemed to end suddenly. Some funny bits and pieces in there though.

I don't think that those were pointless at all. Gave him a bit of reality, some bringing down to earth so he doesn't get totally sucked into the company's PR spin. Although the girl was a bit of a stretch of believability at times.

Quote: Aaron @ March 27 2009, 6:34 PM GMT

I don't think that those were pointless at all. Gave him a bit of reality, some bringing down to earth so he doesn't get totally sucked into the company's PR spin. Although the girl was a bit of a stretch of believability at times.

They just seemed to be out of a completely different show to me, and broke the flow of the silliness. Hopefully, if they carry on, they'll be handled better as things go on.

I enjoyed the second episode more, I laughed a fair few times. It's over so quickly though!

I hope ABC let this show go for its full run and not cancel it early because it's a definite grower.