Derek and Clive

There is a story from Chortle about how far the police went to try and ban the Derek and Clive tapes.

I have to say that in terms of blue comedy, the Derek and Clive tapes are the best - and if you don't think so you can f**k of you f**king c**t!

What's the worst job you ever had?

Well, do to the f**king recession I haven't been able to find a f**king job, thanks to the f**king c**ts that caused this f**king crisis.

I'm proud to own Derek & Clive Get the Horn on DVD. It was directed (directed? doesn't look like much direction was happening at all) by an Australian named Russell Mulcahy, who went on to become better known for directing one-hit wonder video clips such as Turning Japanese and Video Killed the Radio Star, and then the Highlander movie.

Herodotus?

Quote: David Chapman @ March 16 2009, 11:48 PM GMT

What's the worst job you ever had?

I was a nonstop dancer, but I was sacked for f**king a fireplace. People should label things!

They're all c**ts out there!

I loved this shit as a kid but I find it nigh on unlistenable now. I enjoy the occasional flash of brilliance though, like the "broil" bit.

Quote: David Bussell @ March 19 2009, 10:44 AM GMT

I loved this shit as a kid but I find it nigh on unlistenable now. I enjoy the occasional flash of brilliance though, like the "broil" bit.

I'm sorry I'll feel that again. How topical.

Like La Bussell, this was never off my stereo as a kid. Still occasionally have a listen - the entirely filthy "My Mum Came Into My Room" song still makes me giggle.

The first collection is good stuff; the rest you have to pick through an awful lot of rubbish to find the gold.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 20 2009, 3:32 PM GMT

The first collection is good stuff; the rest you have to pick through an awful lot of rubbish to find the gold.

You mean Derek & Clive Live was the best? I much prefer their last album Ad Nauseum, with Celebrity Suicide, The Horn, Herodotus et al.

Just learned that later in the month a new Derek and Clive album is being released: "Rude & Rare - The Best of Derek and Clive", which included never before released material.

What I want to know is which c**t was f**king keeping this stuff away from us c**ts?

See Amazon product listing

Although they did have some extra material on the CD releases like Count Yorga.
So I wonder if it's just those bits.
But I wouldn't be that interested now.
I loved it at the right time & the right age, but I much prefer the clean stuff they did.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 5 2011, 9:37 PM BST

Although they did have some extra material on the CD releases like Count Yorga.
So I wonder if it's just those bits.

I was also wondering if the "rare" includes the eight bonus tracks from the re-issues of Ad Nauseum and Come Again. But no, looking at the track list of the new (double) album, there is a disc of old stuff and a disc of new stuff.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 5 2011, 9:37 PM BST

But I wouldn't be that interested now.
I loved it at the right time & the right age, but I much prefer the clean stuff they did.

Yes, best enjoyed when a teenager. I think much of Derek and Clive still sparkles, though some has always been slightly tedious, dumb and monotonously shouty (bit like listening to Rik Mayal and Ade Edmondson shouting insults at each other). But I am looking forward to the disc of 'new' material.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 16 2009, 3:05 PM BST

There is a story from Chortle about how far the police went to try and ban the Derek and Clive tapes.

I have to say that in terms of blue comedy, the Derek and Clive tapes are the best - and if you don't think so you can f**k of you f**king c**t!

Interesting piece that would make a good farce in itself