Summer Time

Ok this is the beginning I think of my Newest episode. Dunno what I think to be honest any views would be appreciated.

Basic ep premise the council decide to trap the tourist they have in the town and to re-educate the townsfolk so their more accommodating. Dad gets addicted to console gaming doesn’t notice family get carted away for educating ends in either invasion of body snatchers way of 28 days later... You know running round streets shouting HALLLLLOOO whilst all the towns’ people are crammed in tourist hotel room making sure their having a good time.

Any huw not written in a while it's first draft so all the people I was a bit harsh with critique on nows your chance to Let it rip LOL

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

INT. MAYORS OFFICE - MORNING
From behind his huge leather chair the mayors spindled finger hits the intercom. He speaks in a manner not to dissimilar from Christopher Lee.

MAYOR
Roger! ROGER!!! Come here boy!

The large doors open to his office and a short portly man shuffles in looking nervous. This is Roger long suffering right hand man of the Mayor.

ROGER
Yes my Lord

MAYOR
Roger my heart Bleeds

ROGER
Sir?

MAYOR
My Beaches are empty, my novelty shops are boarded up and my Knick Knack shops are deserted. Where are the Tourists Roger? The gimp faced consumers of anything.

ROGER
Well Sir if you had read the report, tourism has been on a steady decline for a number of
years.

MAYOR
I don’t have time to read you fantisful writings Roger. It’s them I can guarantee it

The mayor rises from his chair he wears the full mayor outfit and looks like a skeksi. He glares out of his huge office balcony window.

ROGER
Them Sir?

MAYOR
The peasants Roger, The peasants. Always trying to scupper my plans for a perfect town. Well no Matter I am prepared. How much of the tourism budget remains?

ROGER
Sir we’re currently 2.8 Million over budget since you decided to build the Summer Chamber. The public are at a loss to understand why their council tax has been increased again this year.

MAYOR
How could they understand?

A Council Guard walks into the office dragging a large handcuffed man behind him.

COUNCIL GUARD
Sire, This fat, arrogant, possibly intoxicated town's person has just insulted a valued tourist Sire.

MAYOR
You see Roger? This creature could of said anything to our tourist friend.
(TO THE GUARD)
Take this one to the chamber for re-education.

MAYOR
(TO ROGER)
Roger how many tourists do we have in our beloved town?

ROGER
About One hundred and fifty sir
MAYOR
Then we will ensure that they have the greatest weekend of their lives.

The mayor hits his intercom button.

MAYOR
(INTO INTERCOM)
Begin roadworks on all mayor roads in the town.

The mayor releases the intercom button.

MAYOR
It will take so long to get anywhere the tourists will be forced to stay in the town. We will milk them for every penny that they have.

ROGER
SIR! Road works of that scale will require a work force of atleast a hundred men.

MAYOR
One Thousand Men!

ROGER
But sir such a force does not exist!

The mayor walks out onto his balcony overlooking the outside Lobby. Lined up in perfect formation are one thousand council workers. Their aluminous shirts shine
proudly in the sun. We can see in the front row is the fat man who was sent away for re-education, he looks like he’s had his brain sucked out with a straw.

MAYOR
Go now my minions keep the tourist within our borders!!

The workers all cheer.

INT. NEWMANS HOUSE - EVENING

Mike and Lance sit on the couch watching TV. Sara bursts into the house through the front door flustered.

MIKE
Where have you been? We’re starving

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Edit coz that was quite a task to read through here is a smiley for your troubles Pirate ahh go on here's another Wave

An interesting concept. I'd quite like to see where that was going. I'd like to read a bit more. I enjoyed the smilies at the end though. Laughing out loud

Always treat the reader is what I was taught lol I will post more...ahem as its...finsihed lol

I liked a lot Gavin. The roadworks were superb.

Hi Gavin. An amusing concept, I'm looking forward to reading more, it's hard to make too many comments so far but I like the feel of it.

Is Roger scared of the Mayor? He doesn't see too scared to me.

And it might have been funny to hear about some more failed tourist schemes. e.g. a Body orifices themed Pitch and Putt.

The Pie.

P.S. Oh and what's a Skeksi.? Is it a Welsh thing?

HI Charley and ShoePie thanks for you comments guys :)

Roger isn't really scared of the mayor he's just fustrated middle management type. I will certainly have a look at preivous tourist schemes thats a good un :D

Shoepie mate I have included a cheeky link to a skeksi :) http://www.wordsmithery.com/images/d_skeksis.jpg

Ahh, that's one ugly Welsh dragon! After some googling I realise that having never seen Dark Crystal has come back to haunt me again! Better get to BlockBuster.

I liked the idea Gavin, and the use of the roadworks too. It's also a realistic matter, holding tourists from where I am from is a big issue, so you got it right there as far as I am concerned. The Skeksi was a nice touch too. Would like to read a bit more too.