Top Ten American Sitcoms Ever Page 7

I own every season, thank you very much. My Night Court is the Harry Anderson sitcom that was wildly popular in the 80s.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ July 21 2009, 5:13 PM BST

I own every season, thank you very much. My Night Court is the Harry Anderson sitcom that was wildly popular in the 80s.

And you don't remember the Werewolf lawyer episode? Shame on you.

Yes, but I was thinking Night Court, the show. I do enjoy 30 Rock, but I'm a fan of classic sitcoms. I was practically raised by my grandparents and I watched what they did.

The Larry Sanders Show
Taxi
Rhoda
Married With Children
Soap
Cheers
The Honeymooners
Seinfeld
The Addams Family
Roseanne

I don't even have a Top 10. The only American sitcom that I really love is Two And A Half Men. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGI8BqGfHcU&feature=related
This kid is so adorable Lovey :P
As far as the cartoons are concerned, South Park gets my vote :D

In no real order:
Larry Sanders
Arrested Development
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Married With Children
Leave it to Beaver
All in the Family
Curb your Enthusiasm
Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist
Reno 911!
East Bound and Down

Loved 'Dr Katz'. Only didn't put it down because I wasn't including animation.

Don't think 'Leave It To Beaver' was ever shown over here. From the short clips I have seen it looks like it was a pretty wholesome sitcom?

Quote: brent @ July 21 2009, 7:52 PM BST

In no real order:
East Bound and Down

Great show.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 21 2009, 8:09 PM BST

Loved 'Dr Katz'. Only didn't put it down because I wasn't including animation.

Don't think 'Leave It To Beaver' was ever shown over here. From the short clips I have seen it looks like it was a pretty wholesome sitcom?

Yes, very much so. By today's standards it's pretty corny, but therein lies what makes the show so funny. Its "aw shucks" mentality and the wisdom of father Ward are so foreign to Americans today that the show has become this goofy time capsule of sorts. My favourite character was Lumpy Rutherford.

Haha! That's pretty much exactly why I like it so much.

In no order:

Friends
Two And A Half Men
Saved By The Bell ????? :D
Cheers

Erm....

King Of Queens was ok.

It's always sunny in Philadelphia
Arrested development (one of my personal all time favourites)

In a particular order.

Cheers
Scrubs (the early years)
Two and a Half Men (Not the last series)
Becker
Frasier
Everybody Loves Raymond (I want to sleep with his wife also)
Simpsons
Malcolm in the Middle
Taxi
The Gary Shandling Show

This is a really difficult thing to decide on I must admit. I've found it very difficult to get it down to 10. But these would be my choices (in no paticular order)-

Cheers
Frasier
Taxi
Seinfeld
Night Court
3rd Rock From The Sun
Arrested Development
It's Garry Shandling's Show
Police Squad
Corner Gas (if it counts)

Honourable Mentions: 30 Rock, The Larry Sanders Show, Keenan and Kel, Sledgehammer, Spin City, The Office, Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, and at least 10 others.

I have not contributed to this thread? Really?
I do remember listing my fave US sitcoms somewhere on BCG forum.

But let's not keep you in suspense anymore ;) In rough order:

MASH
Frasier
Friends
Arrested Development
Scrubs
Mad About You
Everybody Loves Raymond
Becker
Spin City
3rd Rock from the Sun

In addition, there is a number of US sitcoms that will never make my top 10, but which are OK to watch when you have nothing better to do, and you are just tired for the subtleties of British shows ;( Those would be:
early Will & Grace, early Two and A Half Men, Perfect Strangers, Dharma and Greg, That 70s Show, early Veronica's Closet, Roseanne, Night Court, Grace Under Fire, Just Shoot Me, first season of 8 Simple Rules.