Carry On Event in Ealing

A shameless plug - thanks for your indulgence...

====================================

ONCE MORE WITH EALING!!!

The 12th of July sees the Carryonline gang return to Ealing, filming location for numerous classics of British comedy including Carry On Teacher and Carry On Constable. Meet up with fellow film fans and join Carry On stars Anita Harris, Laraine Humphrys and Fenella Fielding for a day of film fun, gossip, beer, chat and all the pickled eggs you can eat!

Tickets are priced at a highly bargainous £30.

For the brave and foolish and slightly hungover we will meet at 10am outside South Ealing Underground Station for a quick tour of some locations from Constable followed by a leisurely stroll past Ealing Studios. From there we journey to the Haven public house, opposite Ealing Broadway station. The pub serves food all day and has a sizeable beer garden which of course will be bathed in lovely summer sun. After lunch and booze and possibly a quiz we will be joined by stars of stage and screen to chatter away endlessly about the Carry On films and indulge in a little light autograph hunting. There remains the possibility of more star names to come...

Details of the pub: http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/72/7269/Haven/Ealing

Cheques for £30 made payable to Paul Stephen to be forwarded to:

Brazil House
36 Pedvin Street
St Peter Port
Guernsey GY1 1LN
Channel Islands

'Tis rather tempting... £30 seems quite steep though. Unless the pub food is included in that price. Which I doubt. :)

Does sound like a good event though.

Despite a 10am start on a Sunday.

Eeeeeeeealing. Is ace.

I used to live in and around all that area when I was little - never had any idea whatsoever that the Carry Ons were filmed around there...

Not a fan, unfortunately, but how could anyone pass up the chance to meet Anita Harris? Lovey

Lordy oh blimey, we ain't that posh an event! £30 buys you three guaranteed British comedy divas and a pickled egg. Pub grub is optional and should add no more than about a fiver to the cost, unless you're really very greedy. Personally I'm opting for the beer and peanuts option. A choice that combines nutrients and vitamins with booze and which also recalls fond memories of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Oh and if you were wondering where Constable and Teacher were filmed: http://www.thewhippitinn.com/carry_on_film_locations/carry_on_constable/

And another thing!

We now have Wes Butters in attendance, recent author of the Kenneth Williams Unseen book. His next literary work apparently is about Charles Hawtrey which if you've had the misfortune to read Roger Lewis's effort can't fail to succeed.

Love hugs and Ealing.

There are still plenty of tickets left for the Ealing event. All three lovely ladies have confirmed their attendance. There is also a small, light-hearted Carry On quiz with some fantastic prizes. It should be a cracking afternoon of film fun and chat.

Go on, what you waiting for?

Quote: Agnes Guano @ February 20 2009, 2:09 AM BST

His next literary work apparently is about Charles Hawtrey which if you've had the misfortune to read Roger Lewis's effort can't fail to succeed.

The little I know (other than of the films) is that Charles Hawtrey was an unfortunate alcoholic, who accidentally set fire to his house with a rent boy in it. Is that correct?

Quote: Agnes Guano @ February 16 2009, 3:35 PM BST

A shameless plug - thanks for your indulgence...

ONCE MORE WITH EALING!!!

The 12th of July sees the Carryonline gang return to Ealing, filming location for numerous classics of British comedy including Carry On Teacher and Carry On Constable. Meet up with fellow film fans and join Carry On stars Anita Harris, Laraine Humphrys and Fenella Fielding for a day of film fun, gossip, beer, chat and all the pickled eggs you can eat!

Tickets are priced at a highly bargainous £30.

For the brave and foolish and slightly hungover we will meet at 10am outside South Ealing Underground Station for a quick tour of some locations from Constable followed by a leisurely stroll past Ealing Studios. From there we journey to the Haven public house, opposite Ealing Broadway station. The pub serves food all day and has a sizeable beer garden which of course will be bathed in lovely summer sun. After lunch and booze and possibly a quiz we will be joined by stars of stage and screen to chatter away endlessly about the Carry On films and indulge in a little light autograph hunting. There remains the possibility of more star names to come...

No offence, but this sounds like a bit of a rip.

All the locations you've named are public. So what's to stop me just turning up on the day, without a ticket, and tagging along?

Quote: don rushmore @ June 13 2009, 7:17 PM BST

No offence, but this sounds like a bit of a rip.

All the locations you've named are public. So what's to stop me just turning up on the day, without a ticket, and tagging along?

You are more than welcome to turn up on the day without a ticket and join us for the location tour, however we would have to part company when we arrive at the event venue at 12.00pm, you can go in the pub free of charge, but you can't get in the function room without a ticket. The cost of the ticket covers the venue and three celebrity guests. This is a non-profit event and it is also subsidised.

Quote: carstairs @ June 13 2009, 7:41 PM BST

You are more than welcome to turn up on the day without a ticket and join us for the location tour, however we would have to part company when we arrive at the event venue at 12.00pm, you can go in the pub free of charge, but you can't get in the function room without a ticket. The cost of the ticket covers the venue and three celebrity guests. This is a non-profit event and it is also subsidised.

You didn't originally mention a function room. :)

But it does sound like a lot of fun. I once met Bernard Bresslaw, so it would certainly be nice to meet some of the other stars - and improve my collection of autographs.

I might be in touch! :)

Quote: don rushmore @ June 13 2009, 7:49 PM BST

You didn't originally mention a function room. :)

But it does sound like a lot of fun. I once met Bernard Bresslaw, so it would certainly be nice to meet some of the other stars - and improve my collection of autographs.

I might be in touch! :)

Yes we will have the pleasure of cornering three Carry On stars in our own private room (with bar).

Do get in touch if you want to come along, these events are very informal and good fun.

Only 3 main stars still around are Barbara Windsor, Leslie Phillips and Jim Dale I think. Oh, and Angela Douglas.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ February 16 2009, 3:35 PM BST

... beer ... pub ... sizeable beer garden ... booze and possibly a quiz ... pub ...

Sounds ace! Especially if Fenella Fielding would sign my old Doctor in Clover poster. I'd be there in a trice were I still in England.

Looks an interesting day. Who is going on here?