The Green Green Grass - Series Five? Page 3

Quote: torres_nananana @ May 6 2009, 11:38 PM BST

Hi guys, I was just passing through and I noticed this thread.
I am a HUGE fan of The Green Green Grass... probably the biggest of them all. I am only 17 yrs old and love the comedy show, I think it must be the best comedy programme actually available on the TV! I know John Challis and his wife in person, they are very nice people, genuine and down to earth. I also know for a fact that a 5th series of The GGG might not get comissioned this year... well it hasn't so far and it is getting more and more likely that it won't. Now let's be honest, on TV these days there is far too much swearing & violence, and not enough shows like The GGG which influence comedy & entertainment into people's lives! Maybe this is why my generation are so violent and like they are because of people on TV who are violent and then they look up to them and use them as role models... but bad role models! There should be more comedy programmes available like the GGG instead of blood, guts spilling out, violence and swearing!
This is also the overall view from people much older than me because I've done a survey on this in my local town. They think exactly the same, there should be more programmes like The GGG and less violent, abusive programmes which is ruining TV in general and Britain itself!

I hope anyone who reads this takes everything into consideration and opts for the more sensible option! In order to help out John Challis and The GGG crew, please could you write to:

The Head of Comedy,
BBC Wood Lane,
London,
W12 7RJ

And tell this "head of comedy" that yes we do want more of The GGG because it is entertaining and gives us all a break from the violence and stupid celebrity programmes which are dominating TV! Please spread the word to friends and hopefully this will get things moving with the 5th series of The Green Green Grass!!

Again, thank you very much!

Ironically I think The Green Green Grass would benefit greatly from blood and guts spilling out.

Anything to distract attention away from the overall rubishness of the show.

If it has been cancelled then I expect John Sullivan to do a spin off for Sid the Cafe owner.

"Oh yeh don't worry BBC executive I am sure Del Boy and Rodney will pop up in the cafe now and then..."

Quote: torres_nananana @ May 6 2009, 11:38 PM BST

Hi guys, I was just passing through and I noticed this thread.
I am a HUGE fan of The Green Green Grass... probably the biggest of them all. I am only 17 yrs old and love the comedy show, I think it must be the best comedy programme actually available on the TV! I know John Challis and his wife in person, they are very nice people, genuine and down to earth. I also know for a fact that a 5th series of The GGG might not get comissioned this year... well it hasn't so far and it is getting more and more likely that it won't. Now let's be honest, on TV these days there is far too much swearing & violence, and not enough shows like The GGG which influence comedy & entertainment into people's lives! Maybe this is why my generation are so violent and like they are because of people on TV who are violent and then they look up to them and use them as role models... but bad role models! There should be more comedy programmes available like the GGG instead of blood, guts spilling out, violence and swearing!
This is also the overall view from people much older than me because I've done a survey on this in my local town. They think exactly the same, there should be more programmes like The GGG and less violent, abusive programmes which is ruining TV in general and Britain itself!

I hope anyone who reads this takes everything into consideration and opts for the more sensible option! In order to help out John Challis and The GGG crew, please could you write to:

The Head of Comedy,
BBC Wood Lane,
London,
W12 7RJ

And tell this "head of comedy" that yes we do want more of The GGG because it is entertaining and gives us all a break from the violence and stupid celebrity programmes which are dominating TV! Please spread the word to friends and hopefully this will get things moving with the 5th series of The Green Green Grass!!

Again, thank you very much!

I can't believe John Sullivan has joined the board!

Quote: Robert D @ February 7 2009, 2:00 AM BST

Should there be a fifth series of The Green Green Grass?

No.

Anybody know how well the repeats of the show are doing at the mo?

The Path of True Love (May 31st)
Home Brew (June 14th)

I'm sorry but I have to say I couldn't get past the first 3 episodes.

Shame on you. Dismissing such a 'so so' sitcom!

Fools me once. Shame on me.
Fools me twice, the BBC.

Quote: Marc P @ June 16 2009, 8:09 AM BST

Fools me once. Shame on me.
Fools me twice, the BBC.

Explain? I'm a bit thick. :$

It's an expression.

Fool me once, shame on you,
Fool me twice, shame on me.

Reference to Green Grass being an OFAH spin-off and a bit shit. It's a pun. It's Marc P; of course it's a pun.

Thanks.

Quote: Rob H @ June 16 2009, 4:23 PM BST

It's Marc P; of course it's a pun.

;)