The Green Green Grass - Series Five?

Should there be a fifth series of The Green Green Grass?

I personally believe there should as the series has improved over the past four years. The Path Of True Love wasn't great but the rest of this series has been entertaining - which is what a comedy should be.

Your Cheating Art on Thursday was great.

What does everyone else think?

Well I'd watch it.

Maybe not. It's not a "great" sitcom by any means, but as long as John Sullivan and his son keep away from the pen, it does raise a couple of laughs. But surely we need more than a "couple" of laughs in half an hour. We can get that by not watching TV.

Quote: Aaron @ February 7 2009, 1:33 PM GMT

Well I'd watch it.

That's not saying a lot though, is it? :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 7 2009, 5:19 PM GMT

That's not saying a lot though, is it? :D

Perhaps not. But it's the audience figures the BBC would be concerned about, not just whether it should go on or not!

Quote: Dave @ February 7 2009, 4:43 PM GMT

Maybe not. It's not a "great" sitcom by any means, but as long as John Sullivan and his son keep away from the pen, it does raise a couple of laughs. But surely we need more than a "couple" of laughs in half an hour. We can get that by not watching TV.

Do you seriously prefer episodes not written by John Sullivan? Jim Sullivan to not write ever again would suit me but John? Errr

I would watch it regularly if John Sullivan wrote more episodes- if only for nostalga purposes. I think there should be a series where the geniuses of yesteryear get to write a pilot episode or something. Although the jokes might be a bit obvious and thin on the ground wouldn't it be amazing to see new stuff by Marks and Gran, Carla Lane, Galton and Simpson and Eric Chappell.

With David Jason and others etc. due for a cameo in series five, what do you make of the series 4 episode - 'I Done It My Way'?

Just watching this (don't know why, it's rubbish). But they're playing loads of OFAH clips in some kind of best of show. WTF! Angry

Quote: Robert D @ February 8 2009, 7:35 PM GMT

With David Jason and others etc. due for a cameo in series five, what do you make of the series 4 episode - 'I Done It My Way'?

Is David Jason making an appearence in Series 5?

Probably not.

I'd watch another series.

Overall, I enjoy the programme, but if they start introducing characters from OFAH I won't be impressed. I like the series for it's interesting group of characters; I'm not interested in seeing old OFAH characters being ressurected. It would ruin the show's own identity.

I didn't enjoy series 4 as much as I enjoyed the other series.

A definate no.

Mediocre show.

Hi guys, I was just passing through and I noticed this thread.
I am a HUGE fan of The Green Green Grass... probably the biggest of them all. I am only 17 yrs old and love the comedy show, I think it must be the best comedy programme actually available on the TV! I know John Challis and his wife in person, they are very nice people, genuine and down to earth. I also know for a fact that a 5th series of The GGG might not get comissioned this year... well it hasn't so far and it is getting more and more likely that it won't. Now let's be honest, on TV these days there is far too much swearing & violence, and not enough shows like The GGG which influence comedy & entertainment into people's lives! Maybe this is why my generation are so violent and like they are because of people on TV who are violent and then they look up to them and use them as role models... but bad role models! There should be more comedy programmes available like the GGG instead of blood, guts spilling out, violence and swearing!
This is also the overall view from people much older than me because I've done a survey on this in my local town. They think exactly the same, there should be more programmes like The GGG and less violent, abusive programmes which is ruining TV in general and Britain itself!

I hope anyone who reads this takes everything into consideration and opts for the more sensible option! In order to help out John Challis and The GGG crew, please could you write to:

The Head of Comedy,
BBC Wood Lane,
London,
W12 7RJ

And tell this "head of comedy" that yes we do want more of The GGG because it is entertaining and gives us all a break from the violence and stupid celebrity programmes which are dominating TV! Please spread the word to friends and hopefully this will get things moving with the 5th series of The Green Green Grass!!

Again, thank you very much!