Nerd/Boffin Technical corner. Page 93

Write the email and move the mouse cursor over the 'send' button

Then fasten a pulley to the roof above the mouse and thread a rope through it. Hang something heavy and pointed right above the left click button on your mouse and then at the other end hang a bucket full of water.

Check that the heavy object is capable of lifting the bucket when empty and either punch a very small hole in the bucket or wait for natural evaporation.
When enough water is gone the bucket will raise and the heavy object will press the mouse button and send the email.

Simples.

Is it possible to connect one digital aerial to two televisions?

Do you mean the aerial itself or the freeview box? What's a digital aerial? You can split any signal, although sometimes that can affect the quality of the output. Sometimes you might need a powdered splitter to "boost" the signal. These are expensive.

A roof top aerial should be able to support multiple televisions though, I would have thought!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th May 2015, 1:03 PM BST

Write the email and move the mouse cursor over the 'send' button

Then fasten a pulley to the roof above the mouse and thread a rope through it. Hang something heavy and pointed right above the left click button on your mouse and then at the other end hang a bucket full of water.

Check that the heavy object is capable of lifting the bucket when empty and either punch a very small hole in the bucket or wait for natural evaporation.
When enough water is gone the bucket will raise and the heavy object will press the mouse button and send the email.

Simples.

:) :D Laughing out loud

Quote: Nogget @ 7th May 2015, 12:05 PM BST

I want to be able to schedule sending an e-mail at some time in the future... boomeranggmail.com offer a service for Gmail, but I don't really want to allow it into my e-mail account. Is there a really safe way? I see there are apps to do it with texts, which I might try; but I try to keep the number of apps down on my phone. Is there an easy way to do it with text?

If you use Microsoft Outlook there is a facility within that to send emails at a specific date/time.

Quote: Carlos Manwelly @ 8th May 2015, 8:10 PM BST

If you use Microsoft Outlook there is a facility within that to send emails at a specific date/time.

I can't seem to do it on my Windows 8 Outlook; did you mean Outlook Express?

Microsoft Outlook. Have a look at this link see if that helps you:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/email/delay-sending-a-message/

Sorry, no I did not mean Outlook Express

What are the two things on the left called? They are not called keyrings.
What is the thing that makes the hole on the right called?
What sort of shop would sell them?

Belt clip key ring - any decent hardware shop, or................

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ALLOY-BELT-CLIP-KEY-RING/dp/979234358X/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1432119353&sr=8-8&keywords=belt+key+holder

Eyelet Pliers Tool Hole Punch Maker

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eyelet-Pliers-Fabric-Leather-Eyelets/dp/B00IPHL5H2/ref=sr_1_12?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1432119465&sr=1-12&keywords=leather+hole+punch

Loopey's been reading 50 Shades again :P

Quote: Will Cam @ 20th May 2015, 12:16 PM BST

Loopey's been reading 50 Shades again :P

Angelic Whistling nnocently *Note to self, think before posting next time*

Thank you Herc. There aren't any hardware stores near me so I think I'll order them online.

Quote: Loopey @ 20th May 2015, 12:34 PM BST

Angelic Whistling nnocently *Note to self, think before posting next time*

Thank you Herc. There aren't any hardware stores near me so I think I'll order them online.

You're welcome - decent hardware stores are a thing of the past I am afraid. I don't think there is one in the town I live in, besides online shopping is a breeze these days..............which is why there are no local ones left. Shame
:( Used to love the smell that hit you when you entered the door. All gone.

Hey HGT why were you so well known round the bus station toilet?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th May 2015, 1:23 PM BST

:( Used to love the smell that hit you when you entered the door. All gone.

Quote: Nogget @ 9th May 2015, 12:37 PM BST

I can't seem to do it on my Windows 8 Outlook; did you mean Outlook Express?

It is probably an Exchange Server feature as opposed to an Outlook client feature, and you won't be using Exchange Server unless you're doing this at work.

Also the presumption is you actually mean Microsoft Outlook, as opposed to using 'Outlook' to mean the Windows 8 email app.

OK, so I know virtually nothing about this so would like some advice please.

I want to enable my disabled wife to speak to my daughter and see her new baby on a lap-top or tablet (?), something along the lines that I have seen on say The Big Bang Theory where Raj even speaks to his parents in India.
They are using lap-tops that have a built in camera or sometimes a camera mounted on one.

I understand there is a system called Skype and maybe video calling - are they the same thing? And what is involved, apart from the hardware - is it free? Is it by subscription?

Thank you
:)