Any Musos lurking on here? Page 3

I played in a brass band until Christmas this year. Also have played in small jazz festival with a big band. The brass band is featured on Radio 2 soon I think. We did a BBC recording last year. That sounds glamorous but the fact was we were stuck in a school hall just outside Aberdare for two and half hours. And brass bands are about as cool as the sun anyway. The bands name was BTM if you're interested which your not. Cornet/trumpet was my bag.

I played the drums in a few bands over the years(NOTE THE WORD PLAYED)no intention of "EVER" playing again. :D

Lee - you remind me very much of Colin Moulding's style. He's the more intuitively melodic of Swindon's most famous sons.

Random - that was class but then you don't need me telling you that when the Beeb thought so too.

Blenks - good to see you hit the YTube. And you are a fretboard wizard. Some nice runs in there.

:)

That's briliiant too Blenks and Random! Real talent in here.

Here is one I did all the vocals and nifty guitar work on. Took a lot of mixing down man.

http://www.channel4.com/4laughs/enjoy/userMediaDetails.jsp?userMediaId=1062

Many thx SlagA & Marc P :)

Nice work Blenkinsop ;) do you still play?

lol, lovin it Mr. Marc P :D

Quote: Marc P @ January 27 2009, 10:54 AM GMT

That's briliiant too Blenks and Random! Real talent in here.

Here is one I did all the vocals and nifty guitar work on. Took a lot of mixing down man.

http://www.channel4.com/4laughs/enjoy/userMediaDetails.jsp?userMediaId=1062

Thanks Marc or can I call you Blind Lemon?

Loved dem blues man Laughing out loud

Quote: random @ January 27 2009, 11:14 AM GMT

Nice work Blenkinsop ;) do you still play?

Very occasionally. Still got my gear and notice it looking at me in an accusing sort of way when it sees me tapping away at the keys of my laptop

I play piano a bit.

I admit to musical leanings. We used to gig as a noisy group. The most popular of our songs started with the lines "50 forms of instant death,
Is much better than seeing you". No love songs.

Anyway, I put down electric guitar and now concentrate on finger-style acoustics, which crosses over with my interest in sitcoms. Things about sitcom structure seems to have parallels with guitar-playing, like plucking patterns, repetition, chord theory, and repetition. And also, of course, the indefinable stuff that is the 'music' or 'humour'. Zappa asked 'does humor belong in music?', and we could equally ask 'does music belong in humor?', with the answer being a resounding "sometimes".

Also, I currently scrape a living as a painter, and there are further parallels between composing a picture, and writing (I think). When planning a more-involved composition, it often requires re-composing repeatedly, to get it looking just so. And it often helps to put the painting away for a month, so that you can actually 'see' it again.