What are you gaming? Page 55

Sorry to hear that Nil. Didn't know there were PS3 problems. I got a corrupted save on Gay Tony just two categories off my Gold Star achievement (100% in every mission). It now acts like I've never played it although I've already got all the other achievements. The thought of doing all the categories of all the missions again makes me want to puke on my own face.

I might see if I can fix it in work, but if not, it's gonna be binned. Can't afford another either, and I won't out of principle.

Ahh, there's always a way you can fix these things. (isn't there?) I end up tearing my hair out but I've always managed to fix these types of probs.

Strip it and sell its parts before you bin it. The very notion of binning anything like that makes me cry a little inside. Although I appreciate that it may have just been a phrase.

Well, there pretty complicated boards, you can't just solder them up. We have a special machine that may be of use.

I'd have the hdd out of it and sell the rest as spares, but I'm still gutted. Released March 2007, so I've had three and a half years out of it. Not great, but lasted longer than the 360s three months.

Yeah, sucks. :(

It's so bad that these newer consoles break so easily. I've still got my original Snes, N64 and ZX Spectrum!

Yeah, my original SNES, PS and PS2 still work too.

We're gonna have a look Friday. *crosses fingers*

I'll be entering my hyperbaric chamber now until New Vegas comes out. Until then, everyone.

Sorry, Godot's got me bang to rights.

Massively unhappy with Civ 5 - loads of backward steps. Civ 4 was far superior. A bit buggy too, but hopefully a patch will sort that.

Birthday coming up, and lots of PS3-game shaped pressies under the Flavian birthday tree.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 19 2010, 12:48 AM BST

Sorry to hear that Nil. Didn't know there were PS3 problems. I got a corrupted save on Gay Tony just two categories off my Gold Star achievement (100% in every mission). It now acts like I've never played it although I've already got all the other achievements. The thought of doing all the categories of all the missions again makes me want to puke on my own face.

That really is a kick in the nuts. I had a similar thing with a corrupted Badlands save. It's the closest I've ever come to domestic violence.

Poor dead PS3. Sell it on eBay (as broken, obviously) and put the money towards a new one. Your downloaded games and trophies will map over with your PSN login, there MAY be ways of copying over some of your saved games too- there are YouTube instruction videos.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 19 2010, 9:20 AM BST

Can't afford another either, and I won't out of principle.

How many games you got, Nil?

Dunno, 5-10? Same amount of Blu-ray discs.

It's a (very) long shot, but I'm gonna try to take it back to the shop I bought it from, 2 years out of it's warranty. http://www.yellowlight.co.uk/forum/topic99-ylod-and-hmv-sale-of-goods-act-success.html

Ah, never mind. Was gonna suggest mass trading or something.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 20 2010, 2:55 PM BST

Yes, it seems I paid no attention. Apologies.