Goth Detectives

I hope this is the right section to post this, apologies if it's not or if there's already a thread for it. I'm a newbie, be gentle!

Anyway. Is anybody going to this on Wednesday? It's Noel Fielding (The Mighty Boosh) and Russell Brand performing together as The Goth Detectives (the name they coined on 2006's Big Quiz of the Year) as part of the Teenage Cancer Trust charity gigs at the Royal Albert Hall this week.

I cannot wait!!

Correct place, and no, I'm not going.

I didn't go, but i did see them talking about the Goth Dectives on that quiz last year. I'm sure it was great! Laughing out loud

I remember watching them on the show talking about the goth detectives thinking: "that'll make a good stage play for a charity".

Ahh well live and learn.

So, how was it?

Absolutely hilarious, I've never laughed so much!

Noel recorded some Moon sketches especially for it which were shown at the end of each section and to introduce them onto the stage.

Fielding and Brand did a warm-up by admitting they aren't goths and set about finding real ones in the audience and dressing some poor man called Steve as one!

Chris Addison performed, what I could hear of him was very funny, but he mumbled a lot.

Matt Holness performed as his alter-ego Merriman Wyre - an awful unrehearsed folk singer. Such a simple idea (him with a guitar, singing stupid songs) but it was absolutely hilarious.

We also got Fielding and Brand doing individual stand-up. Noel's blew Brand's out of the water with his unique surreal and ridiculous humour - a sketch about Punctuation Land was incredible, so detailed but still so funny. The whole audience was engaged in what he said so much, when he was whispering the whole Albert Hall was silent, holding on to his every word. Brilliant stuff!

I didn't realise that The Teenage Cancer Trust did a comedy night every year, so I will be looking out for it in 2008, it was well worth the money and a great night of comedy. Lots of cash raised for a great cause too, including £1000 for 2 spacehoppers that Fielding and Brand raced around the Hall!

awww I wish I couldve been there! glad it was amazing though

That sounds fantastic. Matt flipping Holness?
I like little doll-like Chris Addison too. Great line up.
And the moon!!!

Ah I wish I had been there-damn my youth, and lack of funds!

THEY REALLY SHOULD RELEASE IT ON DVD AND GIVE THE PRODCEEDS OF IT TO CHARITY..BIG NAMES LIKE RUSS AND NOEL WILL SELL TONNES AS I'M SURE LOTS OF PEOPLE WHO COULDNT GET TICKETS WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT TOO..FROM WHAT I SAW ON CLIPS IT WAS A TRULY AMAZING AND TOTALLY HILARIOUS NIGHT

Hi Bex, welcome to the board.

A quick note; could you not type in all-capitals in the future? Just looks a bit too much like you're REALLY SHOUTING AT EVERYONE.

Thanks! :)

I wish it was released on DVD too. But this is a yearly thing and it's never been done before so I'm not holding out too much hope.