Big Train Page 6

Only seen odd clips before, but am now watching the re-run on BBC4, and finding it quite enjoyable - loved the hunt people (in the header above) trying to muscle in on tackling a building on fire. 😄

The staring competition 😀, and I was convinced that it was Jack Dee dressed as Jesus (sounded like him too), taking the Devil to task set in an office environment, but he is not mentioned in the cast - anyone know who that was? Is it Mark Heap?

*EDIT*

And how young they all look!!

Yeh that's Mark Heap. Should be credited as he appears in every ep.

I may have already mentioned this (probably!) but I've got a book of the highlights of the stare out competition.

I thought I'd join and quickly add this story of a Big Train related incident. Last year, I was visiting my elder brother and mum down in Kent and we were driving in the coastal town of Deal, when my brother mentioned that he and his colleagues (Civil Service) had been in a pub there when some "TV person" had overheard them talking and asked them what it was about?
No more details than that, like who or what that person was, but the pub conversation had been around a manager figure and they all kept saying what a w****r he was, everytime his name was mentioned. Much later on, one of my brother's colleagues had mentioned in passing that he'd heard some TV show had made a sketch of that event. Again, no more detail than that.
I immediately recalled the Big Train office sketch with the repeated sound clip. If the tale as told to me was actually true, then it seems someone writing for Big Train got some inspiration that day.

Edit to add. I spoke to my brother and their manager was indeed called Tom Henderson. Apparently the guy was a w****r.