Big Train

I keep seeing people mentioning Big Train and I did like it too. However - apart from us - nobody seems to remember it. Was it maybe a bit more appealing to creative people? Sounds a bit pretentios I know. I loved the World Stare out championship. I've got the book with all the highlights in and look it up frequently.

I love the sketch where they're told they can't masturbate in the office anymore. Classic!

I thought it was totally unreasonable. Just cos some people object why should they spoil other people's pleasure?

It brought a serious issue into the living rooms of the masses. Hoorah for Big Train!

I've got both series on DVD boxset. I liked it but in places it really is hit or miss. But i swear if you team up Mark Heap and Simon Pegg it can't go wrong.

I've honestly never seen a single episode. Something I should watch then?

Big train is good, I like the radio DJ who has his puns written by the little kids and the sketch were the guys didn't get paid their overtime so the boss starts juggling/card tricks and little puppies.

Aaron, you call yourself a comedy forum... guy! I too have the boxset it has the feel of a modern day Monty Phython... its brilliant... wanking in the office is a good one.

Just something that was on a bit before I really got into comedy. And on a channel I never (and still very rarely) watched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcMuTsBFQTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn6Z9djh8eA

Lets get the figures out for that week we didn't wank, I will show you a company that doesn't function.

What about the Bee gees and Shaka Khan

"I'm coming Shaka!!!!"

I loved the sketch where Simon Pegg had a phobia of spoons and someone enters with a spoon and he kills himself. Also the Ritz to Titz hotel sketch that ends with Simon's monkey impression is comedy gold. Laughing out loud

The theme tune for Big Train is on a Virgin Trains advert. I almost got excited thinking it was being repeated but nay.

Big Train is one of the all time great sketch shows; and shows up a lot of the more recent sketch shows for just how tame and lacking in ideas they are.

My first impression of Big Train when I saw it all those years ago was that the staring competition was fabulous but the rest of it was average. It had good ideas but they just went on too long.

Having seen some clips on Youtube, I feel the same way. The wank scene for instance: good idea, good Simon Pegg and others arguing about it at first, good when the guy chips in opposed it and good at the end where a man is still at it. But Simon Pegg's argument goes on too long for me, and Amelia Bullimore is not really needed. She doesn't add anything (does she ever?)

Same with the sketch where the woman wants to know if Simon Pegg speaks English and he says 'no' in English. Another good idea, but it goes on too long.

Same with the 'Tom Robinson' joke and the one where Kevin Eldon thinks he'll use somebody's opinion next time he's out. They're like 20-40 second sketches dragged out for minutes.