Comedy Writers Group

I'm thinking of starting up a comedy writers group.

The purpose: serious comedy writers who have had work published or are in the process of getting work published to meet up every 2 weeks for support, discussion and feedback on new or work in progress.

I don't know about you guys, but I find this writing a bloody lonely and hard business at times, it would be good to meet like-minded people for motivation

I thought we could meet up above a pub somewhere and do our stuff for a couple of hours and then have a few jars to relax afterwards.

Men and women, mixed groups always the better.

But I really want serious, motivated people that can contribute to the group every week.

Any interested writers please contact Phil Carter at tonycapello1965@yahoo.co.uk

Two questions...

Do you have to have had work published?

and

Where you this meet up take place?

no, because I haven't, but it would be good to have a few people that have actually had worked published so that their knowledge and experience would hopefully be invaluable in the group.

If I get a good few people together then I'll decide on a pub or other venue which is quite central to most people

I just think we should all meet up and have a good ol gossip over 17 alcoholic beverages, EACH.... Then who knows things could all turn very cool indeed. Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Charley seems to be exicited about going out, with enthusiasm like that I think it would be a Dis-service to myslef not to attend :D

Hi, I haven't been on here a while but am always interested in talking to likeminded peeps especially if beer is involved.

I've had a little material used and currently doing ok on 4laughs though what difference either makes I'm not sure.

lets just do it. We should do, it will be fun! Especialy if i am the only lady. You can all fight over me. Wahoooooooooooooooooooooo

Phil maybe you should get to know some people first and possibly make a writers profile?

You will find out quickly not many people have had their work published... I believe some people have had a few jokes used on radio and some have their sketches used for theatres but that’s about it really.

I've also won a few competitions on 4laughs but that doesn't class us as been published writers unfortunately... pretty sure it doesn’t anyway.

Quote: paul watson @ March 24, 2007, 8:49 PM

I've also won a few competitions on 4laughs but that doesn't class us as been published writers unfortunately... pretty sure it doesn’t anyway.

I believe to it's something you can afford to mention in a writing CV.

As I said previously it doesn't matter if you are not a published writer, I'm not either.

I just want to be with people that are pretty serious about writing comedy. Me personally, well I have just written an opening episode for a comedy sitcom. Therefore, I suppose I am also looking for people that have written/or writing a sitcom.
The beer thing is fine, but after we have done some work. If people think this is just an excuse to have a night out, meet some new people and get pissed then this aint for you!

People who are interested please write to me at the e mail address I gave originally. I'm not into keep posting messages on here. If you fit the bill send me an e mail and when I've got enough people I will decide where we can meet

Where do you live? Obviously if you're from Northumberland and there's people in Plymouth or Derbyshire it won't work - not unless maybe we have a once-a-year thing for all members. That's a possibility - although I'm not aiming to organise it.

Quote: Phil Carter @ March 25, 2007, 12:12 AM

The beer thing is fine, but after we have done some work. If people think this is just an excuse to have a night out, meet some new people and get pissed then this aint for you!

yup this isn't for me. but if anyone is up for getting pissed and having an excuse for a night out, let me know.

Beer! Beer! Beer!

Yep good point, it would have to be for London based writers

Well that rules me out, I'm up North.