Pilots That Never Flew

An interesting Radio 4 programme on comedy pilots. The last episode is best, featuring as it does an excellent and informative interview with me.

Catch it on BBC iPlayer if you're quick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/pilotsneverflew/

Is it TV or Radio pilots?

Bit of both.

Cool, cheers for da link.

Writers - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00g633n/Pilots_That_Never_Flew_Writers/

Cheers for the heads-up.

Dan

Do they mention Lookwell, surely the best of all rejected pilots?

I don't remember it being mentioned. The main thing is the excellent and informative interview with me. The whole series sort of builds up to that.

Quote: Afinkawan @ January 5 2009, 11:22 AM GMT

The main thing is the excellent and informative interview with me. The whole series sort of builds up to that.

With you? For serious?

Quote: Afinkawan @ January 5 2009, 11:22 AM GMT

I don't remember it being mentioned. The main thing is the excellent and informative interview with me. The whole series sort of builds up to that.

It kind of does too.

Quote: David Bussell @ January 5 2009, 11:35 AM GMT

With you? For serious?

Yep. I was contacted on here by the producer or whatever. I went along, sat in the booth and had a half hour or so chat with Paul Roseby, who seemed like a really nice guy and some of it was used in the second half of the last episode, including a comment he made about Gandalf which doesn't really make sense as they didn't use the bits of the interview where he compliments me on my beard, we talk about the possibility of a fantasy set sitcom and the fact that I know how to use a sword.

But at least I got in a quick plug for Hut 33 which should earn me a brownie point or two when I see James Cary at the RFTP recording tonight :)

Started repeats yesterday morning on Radio 4.

Interesting stuff from Alistair McGowan - including the idea that pilots have been replaced by rehearsed readings.

Quote: Afinkawan @ January 4 2009, 2:50 PM GMT

Bit of both.

Like all the best sex, eh? :)

Well done on the R4 gig.

Whatever happened to Soapington Way.

There are several threads already here regarding Pilots that were never broadcast.

Douglas written by and starring the late Felix Dexter was a gem that got away . His sketch show as well.