Like Family Guy without the boring bits Page 2

Quote: Aaron @ December 30 2008, 12:44 PM GMT

What I've seen of South Park suffers from the accusations you're throwing at Family Guy.

Totally agree.

Watched a lot of Family Guy while in America. Their habit of constant repetition of a certain gag or joke payload, ad infinitum, really spoils it for me. Stewie is especially prone to this and although I loved the character, the constant middering really took the edge of it for me ("I really want to read that book, I really do want to read that book ..." cut and paste the rest of Stewie's dialogue for the next 5 minutes).
;)

Quote: SlagA @ December 30 2008, 4:29 PM GMT

... Their habit of constant repetition of a certain gag or joke payload, ad infinitum, really spoils it for me..;)

I dunno sometimes repetition works.

<Peter Griffin> Butt scratcher...butt scratcher..get yer butt scratcher here....butt scratcher..butt scratcher..mmmbutt scratcher</Peter Griffin>

What's not to like? Laughing out loud

And then there's the tone: [Unhappy] "MmmButt SCRAT..cher"

Laughing out loud

Forgive me. :(

Oh and when Peter hurts his knee on the sidewalk. I thought that was pretty good.
That or the epic Peter vs the Chicken fight.

Yeah the Peter vs the Chicken fight's up there. What caused the fight? I've watched the episode several times and then there he is, at the window, and then FIGHT. Is it true it started from another season?

Quote: oldcowgrazing @ January 22 2009, 12:14 PM GMT

Yeah the Peter vs the Chicken fight's up there. What caused the fight? I've watched the episode several times and then there he is, at the window, and then FIGHT. Is it true it started from another season?

The fight you saw was the sequel. Originally Peter was given an expired coupon by a guy dressed in a chicken suit outside a store. That's what caused him to go to war.

Ah! I see. Thanks for that. I need to get the box set.