Frank Skinner interview

Quote: Griff @ December 5 2008, 1:30 PM GMT

There's a great interview with him in the Independent today (Skinner, not Seefacts):

Well, duh. ;)

There's a great interview with him in the Independent today (Skinner, not Seefacts):

I got REALLY excited then, too. I thought 'I bet I'm both hilarious AND insightful'.

Thanks for link, Griff!

One of the few things Seefacts and I agree on is the splendidness of Frank Skinner.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/comedy/features/frank-skinner-swearing-can-still-be-beautiful-1051785.html

I think I've used this quote before on these forums but . . hey ho !

In the words of the great Bernard Manning, ' He's as funny as a fire in an orphanage!'

Well as you quoted Bernard Manning, I can't anything you say seriously.

Frank Skinner is a comic genius, period.

A nice interview. I didn't realise he was quite so literary.

Quote: Ben @ December 6 2008, 4:34 PM GMT

A nice interview. I didn't realise he was quite so literary.

Have you not read his first autobiography? It's very candid and funny.

Quote: Seefacts @ December 6 2008, 6:49 PM GMT

Have you not read his first autobiography? It's very candid and funny.

No, but I am getting his DVD for Christmas.

I think he's one of the most naturally funny comedians around (well, mainstream certainly) and his autobiography is indeed excellent.

Never going to happen but I'd love to see him usurp the lazy and stale Merton on HIGNFY.

I love Frank Skinner. Unplanned was great, his talks show was too. I even liked Shane. :)

Quote: earman2009 @ December 7 2008, 1:52 PM GMT

I even liked Shane. :)

:O

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 6 2008, 1:36 AM GMT

I think I've used this quote before on these forums but . . hey ho !

In the words of the great Bernard Manning, ' He's as funny as a fire in an orphanage!'

I guess that's all subjective . . . are there children currently in the orphanage? . . . is the fire part of a demolition incorporating fun fireworks? . . . do you hate parentless children and feel that them dying in an inferno is a release for them and gladens your heart? a bit of clarity in your hatred would be appreciated . . .

That being said, I don't find Skinner funny either.

Quote: earman2009 @ December 7 2008, 1:52 PM GMT

I love Frank Skinner. Unplanned was great, his talks show was too. I even liked Shane. :)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 7 2008, 1:55 PM GMT

:O

I don't think I'm alone in this. I think it had potential to be a decent sitcom. I wish ITV would show the second series.

That was a good read. Thanks for that, Griff.

Quote: earman2009 @ December 7 2008, 2:03 PM GMT

I don't think I'm alone in this. I think it had potential to be a decent sitcom. I wish ITV would show the second series.

I even have good memories of Blue Heaven!

Quote: Gregor Shamsa @ December 7 2008, 11:49 AM GMT

Never going to happen but I'd love to see him usurp the lazy and stale Merton on HIGNFY.

:)

Quote: JuliaC @ December 7 2008, 2:07 PM GMT

I even have good memories of Blue Heaven!

Now that's just plain unforgivable.

Quote: Aaron @ December 7 2008, 6:19 PM GMT

Now that's just plain unforgivable.

Angelic I was going through a bit of a Frank-phase I think.