New Kids In The Hall Page 2

Yep, they said it is inspired by The League Of Gentlemen. I'm looking forward to it. :)

I'm so pumped for this. CBC has just started advertising and I'm noticing Kids In the Hall actors on a bunch of talk shows lately. It's a little odd seeing Scott Thompson cooking on a Home and Cooking style show but whatever gets them more viewers is fine by me.
Has anyone seen their Christmas special? I remember seeing it for the first time as a kid and being completely confused.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 7 2009, 1:51 PM GMT

Trailer for The Kids brand new series!!

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c78840cb55/kids-in-the-hall-death-comes-to-town?rel=player

Dan Sweryt, please notice use of animatronic cat.

I'm not sure I remember these, the name sounds very familiar though. Looks good by the trailer.

Worth putting off my plans to massacre the piggies in my local Morrisons.

Quote: Leevil @ December 12 2009, 2:57 PM GMT

I'm not sure I remember these, the name sounds very familiar though. Looks good by the trailer.

I think we only got compilations of sketches, rather than proper episodes, screened late on channel four in the early nineties, so it's not surprising if a lot of people haven't really seen them.

They used to be on The Paramount Channel in the late 90s. Not sure if it was compilations or the proper episodes though.

I liked a few bits by them.

I've recently been working my way through the DVDs, you can get them fairly cheap on Amazon. I'm on Season 2 at the minute. Some really great, funny, innovative stuff.

I watched a few clips earlier. Some quite good stuff. The stuff I watched wasn't necessarily packed full of laugh out loud moments, but quite original setups.

I seem to remember them always being described as Canada's answer to Python.

Yeah, probably because they were quite surreal and performed in drag a lot. :D

They're up there in my top 3 Comedy Troops. Probably #2 behind Python. I really do think they're one of the reasons comedy in North America went the way it did with animation.
Definitely worth picking up Leevil. It's the only recommendation I'll ever make to you. ;)

Quote: Martin H @ December 12 2009, 11:53 PM GMT

Yeah, probably because they were quite surreal and performed in drag a lot. :D

Laughing out loud true true.

Quote: Curt @ December 13 2009, 6:38 AM GMT

They're up there in my top 3 Comedy Troops.

Comedy Troops? Are those military based comedians? Is so then Dad's Army is surely the number one Comedy Troop.

:D

Just watched the first episode. Thought it was pretty funny, I'd say definitely worth a watch. Especially since its only a half an hour long. Darn I wanted more than half an hour.

Oh, has it started? I'll have to try and find it.

We are 5 episodes into Death Comes to Town and I for one have been pretty pleased. As mentioned already in the thread the show itself is inspired to some degree by League of Gentlemen. Their result is much more akin to Psychoville than the original LoG series... but has a completely different feel. Much brighter and Canadian.

Overall Thumbs-up. It has a certain charm (could be partially nostalgia here on my part) that makes up for the somewhat lacking joke-per-minute count. There are some genius moments too... like the "miracle" scene. Too bad the olympics have it on a three week hiatus.