New Kids In The Hall

No one seems to have flagged this up on here yet:

Cult Canadian comedy troupe The Kids In The Hall are returning to TV.
The five-strong sketch team, whose original series ran North America in the late Eighties and early Nineties, are to make eight new episodes for Canadian broadcaster CBC next year.

And the show, tentatively titled Death Comes to Town, has been inspired by The League of Gentlemen.

Star Dave Foley said: ‘It'll be an eight-episode arc with a narrative running through it. We will play all the characters but it won't be sketch, it'll be a single narrative mini-series.

‘Probably the closest thing to it will probably be something like The League of Gentlemen, which I think was brilliant. So I hope it will be close to that.'

The team, who have previously been compared to Monty Python, have been off the air since 1994; although they reunited this year for a live comeback tour following the success of an appearance at Montreal's Just For Laughs festival.

The Kids are also considering a movie, despite the slating their 1996 film Brain Candy received.

‘We're still talking about doing a feature as well, but first we have to wait 'til everyone who ever saw Brain Candy is dead,' Foley added.

Fantastic!

I hope Mr. Tyzik is in it.

Ooooooooo I love this programme. I have most of the old ones to view whenever I want.

I am thrilled to hear of new ones a-coming. :D

Kids In The Hall rule; all you people who've never seen them (it's an old-ish show and was never pushed much over here) would do well to check them out!

Oooh, that sounds amazing.

I loved their old TV show sooo much.

Kick ass, I knew they were coming out with a new show but I didn't know these details. Thanks Mat!
p.s. I liked Brain Candy! "Ya know, the pills are made of MONKEY CUM". hahahaha!

I loved Kids In The Hall when I was younger. This is amazing news.

And Brain Candy is ace. Shame its been all but disowned by the group.

Great news. Still like to see CBC give new blood like Picnicface a go though.

New series starts filming:

"Filming has begun on the first new TV series from cult Canadian comedy troupe the Kids in the Hall in 15 years.

Bruce McCulloch, Dave Foley, Kevin McDonald, Mark McKinney and Scott Thompson descended on the Ontario town of North Bay this week to shoot the series, said to be inspired by the League Of Gentlemen.

The eight-part Death Comes To Town, due to air on Canada's CBC in January, is about a small town where all its distinguished citizens are murdered.

Earlier this year, Foley said: 'It\'ll be an eight-episode arc with a narrative running through it. We will play all the characters but it won\'t be sketch, it\'ll be a single narrative mini-series.

'Probably the closest thing to it will probably be something like The League of Gentlemen, which I think was brilliant. So I hope it will be close to that.'

McCulloch added: 'We have thought about reuniting on television for years but we\'ve all had a lot of personal projects and weren\'t sure about how we wanted to come back together.'

The team, who have previously been compared to Monty Python, made their original shows for CBC and America's CBS and HBO from 1988 to 1994. They reunited for tours of North America in 2000 and 2008."

Kick ass! Why isn't CBC talking about it.
Stupid CBC, they only ever promote their family friendly programing. Anything with a bit of an edge gets left in the dark.

It's good to see that they all have British surnames. I thought one or two of them might've had French surnames, seeing as they're Canadian.

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Kevin McDonald can stop doing cartoon voices (which all sound the same). I can't wait!!

Trailer for The Kids brand new series!!

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c78840cb55/kids-in-the-hall-death-comes-to-town?rel=player

At work so just watched it without sound. I can confirm it features The Kids In The Hall though. I saw them. Mouthing away. Silently.

Nice one! This is a surprise. They must be getting on a bit now though.

Good stuff. Wonder if there's any plans to show it over here? Looks like they've perhaps gone for a League Of Gentlemen style of sketch/sitcom as their vehicle of comeback?