You're a writer? Really? Page 7

Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?

I am the eyes and ears of this academic institution.

Well, I don't know any lepers, but I'm not going to run out and join one of their f**king clubs.

I wanna be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.

So many great quotes! Good old John Hughes (although I never cared for Home Alone)

16 Candles, Uncle Buck..

Read an article on how he was quite dodgy.

All his films are about rich/spoilt kids blaming their parents.

Yep. But viewed through a nostalgic gaze, I don't really mind. Kinda like Enid Blyton and sexism.

Pretty In Pink had a poor heroine. And the ugliest prom dress ever committed to celluloid.

I liked PiP especially the music. Weird conclusion, disturbing even

"Hey geek you can't have the prom queen, but you can date rape the prom queen!"

It's even worse that I still love that film.

I realise I just confused PiP with 16C school boy error!

Meanwhile check out,

http://www.angryalien.com/aa/sixteencandlesbuns.asp

Quote: zooo @ November 22 2008, 5:16 PM GMT

Haveyoueverfoundadeadbodyinthebins?

Cats, goldfish and budgies (but not recently) years and tears ago in fact.
:(
not v nice..

Quote: Aaron @ November 22 2008, 5:25 PM GMT

Found? Placed.

:O

Kitties! :(

Ohh, that's horrible. :(

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 22 2008, 5:53 PM GMT

You been talking to my Dad?

Parents, eh?

Parents can't understand the concept of someone not having a 'proper job'.

My mum still says to me 'Do you see yourself working at ------ forever?' I have to shout and explain that I've had stuff on the telly, but she chooses not to hear but instead tells me how a son of a friend of hers has a job in London doing web design.

Parents are ace.

Quote: Griff @ November 23 2008, 6:53 PM GMT

I got a job once at EA the computer games company. It paid well and they even sent me to the US on business. I explained all this to my parents. Their reaction - "So ... they make toys?"

Was it you who had to go 'EA Sports - it's in the game' on the loading screen?

Quote: Seefacts @ November 23 2008, 5:32 PM GMT

Parents, eh?

My mum still says to me 'Do you see yourself working at ------ forever?' I have to shout and explain that I've had stuff on the telly, but she chooses not to hear but instead tells me how a son of a friend of hers has a job in London doing web design.

Parents are ace.

My Dad asks about my 'hobby', then goes on to tell me how many hundreds of thousands a year my cousin is earning now. Git.

Quote: Griff @ November 23 2008, 9:42 PM GMT

No and it's not me who does that whispery "Challenge Everything!" thing either.

Shame.

So what DID you do at EA? Anything exciting?

Quote: Seefacts @ November 23 2008, 5:32 PM GMT

Parents, eh?

Parents are ace.

Here, here to your parents, Seefacts! I abandoned my dreams, for a life of security, disparaged for wanting to be "creative" by my parents. And look how I turned out! (Your Mum and mine should talk.)

Seriously, my advice as a sage 35 year old, is to try and do what you want to do when you're young. I regret I having not been seriously writing until recently. Knowing that you're not really doing what you want to do in life may well give some job/financial security in the short-term, but emotionally it really does gnaw away at you over the years.

I've been studying/practicing medicine for nearly 18 years! I've still got another 30 f**king years as a doctor at this rate! (Unless SN is enexpectedly made head of the GMC).

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 23 2008, 11:18 PM GMT

Here, here to your parents, Seefacts! I abandoned my dreams, for a life of security, disparaged for wanting to be "creative" by my parents. And look how I turned out! (Your Mum and mine should talk.)

Seriously, my advice as a sage 35 year old, is to try and do what you want to do when you're young. I regret I having not been seriously writing until recently. Knowing that you're not really doing what you want to do in life may well give some job/financial security in the short-term, but emotionally it really does gnaw away at you over the years.

I've been studing/practising medicine for nearly 18 years! I've still got another 30 f**king years as a doctor at this rate! (Unless SN is enexpectedly made head of the GMC).

I do like it when you remind me we're in fact 11 years apart.

Still, at least you've been saving lives. Yeah, great . . .

I figure goto prison for a horrific murder for 20 years,

Bob'your uncle everything you do is a positive improvement.