Favourite TV show ever?!

Not just comedy, anything.

Mine would be, Oz. I love Oz to bits and if you haven't seen I bloody recommend it. It's finished now but there are about 8 lovely series worth to keep you happy.

"What is it?" I hear you ask. "Well shuddup and I'll tell ya!"...

It was HBO's first hour long drama. You'll recognise some of the actors as well, like Mr. Ecko and Michael from Lost.

It's a prison drama set in the fictional Ozwald State Penitentiary, a maximum security prison. It's about Emerald City an experimental prison block, where they don't use bars, but the criminals live in like a community, their cells are made of some sort of glass. Its prisoner rehabilitation over public retribution.

The prisoners divide themselves into gangs and are always ready to explode into a full riot. The atmosphere is incredible, which is very important to me when I watch a film or tv show. And the acting is top notch. Characters come and go(get killed), keeping it fresh.

"Don't smile. Get yourself a weapon. Stay on everybody's good side if you can find one."

And if you do know what it is, look out for Jerry Seinfeld's spoof on youtube.

I'm going to get crucified for this but i feel Skins is going to be one of my favourites in the future. But for now its the Sarah Silverman Program.

Oz is really gritty and I thought it was great although I haven't seen loads of them.
Have you seen film "Chopper" Leevil that's gritty and funny as?
Band of brothers for me, I know i'm getting old when I don't like watching kids do what I did 10ish years ago(skins)

DOCTOR WHO, without doubt, been a fan my whole life.

Mine are as follows:-

Survivors (Post Apocalypse Sci-fi.)
Auf Wiedersehn Pet
Cold Feet

It's too difficult to choose one overall. But I have three favourites in three different categories.

Comedy: Victoria Wood As Seen On TV
Drama: This Life
Sci-Fi/Fantasy: Doctor Who

The Prisoner - cult 60s, dated but wonderfully funny; over-acted; intellectual; and as ever-immediate a warning to us now as it was back then.

Yeah, big fan of the prisoner too; love the final episode where Number Six starts machine gunning everyone to the Beatles 'All You Need Is Love!!' At least I think that was the song.

i was struggling to put a top option on this until David chapman metioned AWP, so that is my oprion, along with top gear and soccer a.ms all sport show, also soccer a.m, i know there is one more but it's stuck on the end of my tongue.

I have the Prisoner DVD boxset *strokes*

Comedy: Scrubs or Spaced
Drama: Doctor Who/Lost/Heroes/The Prisoner (yep, hard to choose)

I'm sure i could come up with alot more but i don't think i could narrow it down.

I recently got my Prisoner DVD boxset too.

:D

Mr McGoohan is a genius at acting just that teensy bit too much but oddly this adds to the whole concept of acting up to the unseen observer. I love him but he'd suffer me lightly if I met him. Teary

And Matt, yep, he chose the song to contrast with the 'love and peace' movement's failure to overcome war. It is an iconic moment in TV as was the final revelation / non-revelation at the end.

Did anyone notice that when he returns to his London flat, as he drives off, the door opens automatically in the same way as it did in the Village?

Yeah - I got the Prisoner Box set too. Can't watch it too often though.

I also got all the Avengers box sets with Diana Rigg and Linda Thorsen (now the widowed Mrs Kimg in Emmerdale). This was something I loved at the time but watching them all again became a bit of a chore. Dated in a good way on the whole but sometimes the appealing silliness got a bit too much.

I'm not sure EVER...but Heroes is quickly becoming the best show on TV in the last few years.

Hmmmm... I'm not to sure about that myself? I keep watching Heroes but it's not hooking me in like other shows have. I'll keep watching it though.

I've just managed to "get". The Wire which I hear is meant to be great I'll report on it later...

And Daddy Maz I haven't seen Chopper, is it that Australian film, I hear its good.

It's better than that Leevil classic lines and the best drug taking scene in film history.