I read the news today oh boy! Page 76

Quote: AngieBaby @ January 24 2010, 8:41 PM GMT

I read today that N-Dubz's attempt to crack the lucrative US markets may be scarpered as Dappy is a talentless f**king cretin

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 24 2010, 8:48 PM GMT

:D

He is a fool, but I actually like their music.

*hangs head in shame*

Aaron, custodial sentences don't seem to work, but perhaps if they realised their dream of being famous in America won't happen they might think twice.

Or maybe I'm over simplifying it, but it does seem that a lot of youngsters these days just want to be famous.

Anyhow, Celebrity Big Brother's on, so gotta go....

People who commit crimes never think they're going to get caught, so it probably wouldn't have much affect. Or is it effect?

Quote: AngieBaby @ January 24 2010, 8:50 PM GMT

Aaron, custodial sentences don't seem to work, but perhaps if they realised their dream of being famous in America won't happen they might think twice.

Or maybe I'm over simplifying it, but it does seem that a lot of youngsters these days just want to be famous.

Well, what I mean is that they wouldn't be likely to understand how much of a barrier it would be.

Quote: chipolata @ January 24 2010, 8:52 PM GMT

People who commit crimes never think they're going to get caught, so it probably wouldn't have much affect. Or is it effect?

Effect.

It affects them. The effect is obvious to others. etc.

Quote: Aaron @ January 24 2010, 8:56 PM GMT

Well, what I mean is that they wouldn't be likely to understand how much of a barrier it would be.

I think if teenagers were told that if they gang-rape, murder, deal in drugs etc, they won't be able to collect their Oscars, M-TV awards, or even appear on Oprah, it might make them think twice about commiting the crime in the first place.

They seem to think it's their birth-right to be famous, but if they can't enter the US, how are they going to record that multi-platinum album with Jay-Z?

Quote: AngieBaby @ January 24 2010, 8:41 PM GMT

I read today that N-Dubz's attempt to crack the lucrative US markets may be scarpered as Dappy has been a naughty boy in his past.

That and he sent death threats to a radio one listener a couple of weeks make.

Nana-die!

Public floggings are the answer.

Seriously.

Quote: bigfella @ January 24 2010, 9:25 PM GMT

Public floggings are the answer.

Seriously.

That's brutal. Surely we live in a society that doesn't need to resort to barbarism to solve our crime.

Quote: Aaron @ January 24 2010, 8:56 PM GMT

Effect.

It affects them. The effect is obvious to others. etc.

I thought it was Affect.
I need to do some research, or at least read the original post properly

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ January 24 2010, 9:53 PM GMT

I thought it was Affect. I need to do some research, or at least read the original post properly

After you've done that, check my other 12,000 odd posts!

Quote: Gavin @ January 24 2010, 9:27 PM GMT

That's brutal. Surely we live in a society that doesn't need to resort to barbarism to solve our crime.

What if they're flogged about the head with the flaccid penises of their 80-year-old victims? No physical harm ...

Quote: DaButt @ January 25 2010, 12:56 AM GMT

What if they're flogged about the head with the flaccid penises of their 80-year-old victims? No physical harm ...

I'll allow it.

Quote: chipolata @ January 24 2010, 8:52 PM GMT

Effect is a noun. Affect is a verb. That's how I remember it.

Always assuming I can deconstruct sentences properly, and remember which is which...

Quote: chipolata @ January 24 2010, 10:38 PM GMT

After you've done that, check my other 12,000 odd posts!

Done!

You rock!

Quote: Rob H @ January 25 2010, 3:07 PM GMT

Effect is a noun. Affect is a verb. That's how I remember it. Always assuming I can deconstruct sentences properly, and remember which is which...

I love it when you get all teachery on my ass!