I read the news today oh boy! Page 507

https://www.comedy.co.uk/info/help/

Thanks for that. Had no idea about quotes and brackets, feel well told off.
Where is Aaron these days?

Nothing personal, Dellas!

There are several people who constantly use [ instead of ( and it just baffles me why they do it, that's all.

Quote: dellas @ August 15 2011, 7:33 PM BST

Where is Aaron these days?

Who?

Zooo I have pressed brackets this is what I get; [[[]]]? So how do I get curvy ones like yours? Don't tell anyone that I am asking stupid questions!

To bigfella :D I think he's big in broadcasting now.

Quote: zooo @ August 15 2011, 8:19 PM BST

Nothing personal, Dellas!

There are several people who constantly use [ instead of ( and it just baffles me why they do it, that's all.

I think square brackets look neater online, personally.

The thing I really don't like is that you can't do lists a, b, c in round brackets because a turns out as Angelic.

Angelic(b)(c) Just trying it badge, thankyou.

Quote: dellas @ August 15 2011, 8:48 PM BST

Zooo I have pressed brackets this is what I get; ? So how do I get curvy ones like yours?

Try using Tipex on the screen to bend them a bit.

Zooo I have pressed brackets this is what I get; ? So how do I get curvy ones like yours? Don't tell anyone that I am asking stupid questions!

They should be along the top of your 9 and 0 buttons.
Maybe some keyboards don't have normal curvy brackets? Although I'd find that a bit odd.

I think square brackets are ugly (evidently!). When you write brackets down on paper you do curved ones, I don't know why some people suddenly want to use square ones on a computer.

So how do I get curvy ones like yours?

huhuhu

cool!

Boobs are cool

:) Thanks Zooo, I have discovered the curved ones, but sure I have always used them? I suppose I would have been told off otherwise.

Old Rocker, time for your Horlicks Rolling eyes

I don't remember who the naughty culprits are who always use the square ones. Could easily not be you.

Quote: zooo @ August 15 2011, 9:02 PM BST

They should be along the top of your 9 and 0 buttons.
Maybe some keyboards don't have normal curvy brackets? Although I'd find that a bit odd.

I think square brackets are ugly (evidently!). When you write brackets down on paper you do curved ones, I don't know why some people suddenly want to use square ones on a computer.

Because you can't use curved ones in a list Angelic (b) (c) as I said earlier. is a better option.

Quote: zooo @ August 15 2011, 9:09 PM BST

I don't remember who the naughty culprits are who always use the square ones. Could easily not be you.

You should put us all in the same bracket.

"drops to knees 'Please let it be true!'"

http://metaltalk.net/news/2010882.php

I've not been taught the proper way, amazing I learn something new everyday.