I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,426

How much did you get in your redundancy

I was going to suggest 50 quid so nobody squats it.

Quote: sootyj @ 25th January 2014, 12:46 AM GMT

How much did you get in your redundancy

I was going to suggest 50 quid so nobody squats it.

Not confirmed yet but around 15-17k but don't tell Bozzer or he'll play hardball.

Those good people at The Huffington Post have yet another article about UKIP - in fact UKIP have featured as the lead story on their website almost constantly for the last two weeks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/24/ukip_1_n_4657394.html?utm_hp_ref=uk&utm_hp_ref=uk

They want to know why, despite the numerous gaffes, UKIP support remains unchanged or in some cases, growing. Obviously the huge amount of publicity given to UKIP from the media might have something to do with it.

Seems like the BBC have already decided the outcome of the Scottish Referendum . . .

Jonathan Edwards presents live coverage as some of the world's best athletes descend on the Emirates Arena to compete in the Glasgow International Match. The four-way indoor contest sees Great Britain take on the United States, Scotland and a Commonwealth Select.

If Scotland left us, would they have their own Olympic team?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 24th January 2014, 9:54 PM GMT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25656701

Bloody hell, there's loads of women who own breweries. My genie wishes are finally coming true, can't wait to see what's in my pants in the morning.

Wet beer?

Quote: zooo @ 25th January 2014, 2:11 PM GMT

If Scotland left us, would they have their own Olympic team?

Yep. Though not a biggie, they've had separate football and rugby teams for decades now.

What will look amusing is the final tally of gold medals after every Olympics. There are a number of talented Scots currently in team GB, so they're bound to win something, but this could be affected if they lose out on sponsorship or support.

It all depends on how much the Scottish government is willing to spend on international sport, but based on the amounts they'll be forking out for all the social programmes and the inevitable crap rates they'll get for borrowing from the international banks, they may not have a lot left over.

Oh god, there'll be another Eurovision song to sit through as well.

Quote: zooo @ 25th January 2014, 3:37 PM GMT

"Two and a half minutes standing there clearing their throat and when they stop you realise that was the song."

Ack. Hancock - The Scottish Castle.

:D

Quote: zooo @ 25th January 2014, 3:37 PM GMT

Quote: Oldrocker @ 25th January 2014, 3:46 PM GMT

"Two and a half minutes standing there clearing their throat and when they stop you realise that was the song."

Ack. Hancock - The Scottish Castle.

1969 - Eurovision winner - Lulu, born and raised in Glasgow (I once taught in her old school).

Should have said BRITISH Eurovision winner.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/woman-disowns-cat-being-gay-nigeria240114

he just didnt like other pussies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25900542

E-cigarettes will be banned for the under-18s, who presumably will have to buy real cigarettes instead.

After banning smoking everywhere, the anti-tobacco brigade have seemingly started a new war against e-cigs. Much in the same way anti-gun campaigners went after air rifles, replicas and even toy guns after the numerous firearms bans.

There are now campaigns in Scotland and Wales to ban e-cigs from all indoor spaces using trumped up scare tactics with no scientific basis. Once again, ideologies and middle class health agendas are shaping laws based on the most superficial of reasons - in this case, it's the physical sight of someone smoking a pretend cigarette indoors - how terrifying.

It's this kind of repressive, totalitarian, bullying behaviour by pernicious busy bodies that ensures UKIP gets my vote.

The ecig thing is baffling. Yes it makes sense to put some legislation in place to stop tots smoking them and to impose some standards of quality.
But banning them from public spaces, for no apparent reason gah. You could just put a button on them so they don't release vapor indoors.
It reminds me of a quote from some drugs whizz, that the US policy on narcotics was to ban everything except cigarettes and alcohol and then tax them to the hilt.

There really is no rationale too it, I used to quite like snuff the tobacco not the films. And the warnings were ridiculous because really it's not harmful but it's important to pretend it is.

Isn't the legal smoking age 16?