Mobile Phone Shop staff Page 2

Quote: chipolata @ March 14, 2007, 11:33 AM

As for people who work in shops, I don't blame them for developing an attitude. Imagine having to speak to members of the public day in day out? After a week of that, I'd be going into work with a knife.

I agree that interacting with the public is probably very tiresome and am thankful my job doesn't make me suffer in this way. However, the turds one finds in mobile phone shops do seem a particularly loathsome breed. There's a marked difference between the weary shelf stacker in ASDA, dealing with the idiotic and banal, tying to comprehend perpetual queries from speech impedemented backsliders and the slick, suited, hair gelled toss-potts who paradoxically grovel and patronise within the same sentence. Not sure it would make a good sitcom as I can see little empathy for this catagory of worker, like making a sitcom about traffic wardens maybe.

I once worked in a shop. For two weeks when i was 16. I was sacked. for telling a customer to F off. Then i got a job as a waitress in a beefeater and was sacked after 4 days. For telling the manager i would not wear his hideous uniform another day, and for telling a customer to F.Off.Then i got a job in Sketchleys and lasted 6 months. I realised that telling customers to F off wasnt gonna buy me shoes. Instead i purchased fake doggie poo and placed it in the middle of the shop floor. For entertainment purposes. Needless to say my manager found out and shouted at me. I told him to F.off and got the sack.

Finaly after my second son came along and i realised no job no food for the babies and i learned that only in very special circumstances could i be so rude to customers. What i used to do instead was go Fur then cough. It worked for me because it was out in the open and i felt released.

My favourite job to date was working in a pub. I could tell customers to f**koff all day long, i even got to throw some out. It was amazing.

My point is, customers are awful. They expect you to know everything, smile all day long and take all their shit. Customers inc. myself are all hideous.

Even now to this day, i cant help myself, i must have slight tourettes. Someone no matter who that thinks he/she can stand there and scream at me and expect me to smile back can simply just F. off

Slight tourettes? Is that why you only say F-off (very polite really) instead of F**k off.

Yes David. At 36 now, i have become, wait 4 it..........wait 4 it..................................POLITE. lol

:P :D :D :D :D :D :D