Plus one(s) wanted for open mic nights in London

Very novice standup here (did my first gig two days ago), coming to London this summer to try English material. Would love to do as many open mic nights as possible, or at least a few, because I desperately need stage time. However, it seems a lot of venues require you to bring a friend and, with the risk of sounding like Eeyore, I don't have any friends in the UK.

So, anyone else in the same/similar situation who's looking for stage time and someone to go with?

I'm pretty laid back and easy to hang out with, so if anyone would want to relax in a park, write some jokes and then go perform, I'd be all up for that too.

Let me know! Oh, I'm a bloke. Probably worth mentioning. :P

Edit/update: we are likely talking mid July.

Yeah id be up for that.

Im a novice too so would be good.

Let me know

Same here, sounds good.

Not performed yet but gearing up to test out this June, should I find the cojones somewhere. Be good to have some others in the same boat!

Let us know as well.

Hey guys

just to point out, most venues that ask you to bring a friend mean a non-performing audience member so that there is at least some sort of audience rather than comics just performing to each other.

Good luck to all of you and perhaps we will meet at an open mic soon!

I've got a gig on 11/6/13 pm me if you wanna come along? maybe more slots

Quote: Julio Lluvia @ June 4 2013, 11:14 AM BST

Hey guys

just to point out, most venues that ask you to bring a friend mean a non-performing audience member so that there is at least some sort of audience rather than comics just performing to each other.

Good luck to all of you and perhaps we will meet at an open mic soon!

Good point, well made. And thanks :D

Something which may be of interest for all in this thread is that Jester Jesters do a night on Thursdays which doesn't have a +1 policy - just a free for all. Link here https://www.facebook.com/events/467054553383762/

dunno about it, never been but at least it's another opportunity I guess.

Guys if you are in London there are lots that are not +1's and no need to pay to play, but you need to just send loads of emails out in advance to book your spots, There are also some you can just go along on the evening, but it may mean you have to pay to perform such as the lions den or perform in amongst music and novelty acts such as spoonful of poison, you can also try to get to comedy virgins to get one of the nights 5 open spots, but be there at 4, cos by 4.45 the other day they were already taken! you can also email them in advance.

I am trying to get a many spots as I can this month so most nights when I don't have booked gigs I will still be going somewhere that there may be spots available at.

send me a pm if you want to arrange a night and we can go together