Come dine with me

The kitchen bit where they're filming that day's contestant slaving away cooking for their 'guests'.

The voiceover guy is making his usual sarcastic remarks.

We then see he's actually there, sat on stool directly behind her, in the kitchen of his own home.

The 'contestant' (who turns out to be his (obviously long suffering) wife) turns round and tells him to get stuffed and hands him his dinner (POV shot).

I relally liked this and think it would make a nice sketch with some dialogue and maybe a cut to him giving his wife a score out of 10 in the family car as well.

I suppose you could extend it to him giving those remarks to people in all sorts of scenarios so the list is endless! :)

Lovely idea. Although I think it would only work once as you don't expect him to be there in the kitchen. If you hear his voice again in another situation you already know the outcome which takes from the punch.

Lovely stuff though, I really like it.

Quote: Otterfox @ January 17 2013, 6:11 PM GMT

Lovely idea. Although I think it would only work once as you don't expect him to be there in the kitchen. If you hear his voice again in another situation you already know the outcome which takes from the punch.

Lovely stuff though, I really like it.

Thank you!

I was wondering if perhaps once we know what he looks like the joke could then be nicely extended in to observing him in a variety of social and work situations.

e.g. Over dinner, dishing out sarcastic remarks on the other guests; all delivered in the same upbeat tone of voice as if he isn't present.

Always culminating in a jaded 'I'll get my coat' moment for those nearest and dearest to him.

Would love to see him on Casualty, stood at the observation window of the operating theatre whilst the lead surgeon talks the observers through a complex operation. It's his long suffering wife that's being operated on.

Great idea! The narrator is absolutely ace. I believe he even had his own show at the Fringe this year.

Just realised, I've rehashed your suggestion Jason
Whistling nnocently

Sheepishly holding up the score card in the family car! Superb idea!

Quote: Miles Bond @ January 17 2013, 5:02 PM GMT

The kitchen bit where they're filming that day's contestant slaving away cooking for their 'guests'.

The voiceover guy is making his usual sarcastic remarks.

We then see he's actually there, sat on stool directly behind her, in the kitchen of his own home.

The 'contestant' (who turns out to be his (obviously long suffering) wife) turns round and tells him to get stuffed and hands him his dinner (POV shot).

End with her saying she's not having Lamb tonight?

Not sure how you'd convey he's at home and it's his wife/gf but I think you would need to do that somehow.

Quote: Badge @ January 17 2013, 8:29 PM GMT

Not sure how you'd convey he's at home and it's his wife/gf but I think you would need to do that somehow.

:D

On the wall, a Kitchen clock with a photo of his face on it?

End with her saying she's not doing Lamb ever again?

On reflection, this is better.

Now that's funny

Miles, it's kinda been done before again. It's the orchestra reveal once more.

Quote: Marc P @ January 17 2013, 10:17 PM GMT

Miles, it's kinda been done before again. It's the orchestra reveal once more.

How so?

Well.. in the same way as the other thread you posted. Unless I am missing something??

I think Marc is saying, in his slightly oblique way, that the idea of a narrator to a show being revealed as being in the room and commenting on what's happening is quite familiar.

Sometimes we need stinking badges!! ;) z