Comedy Writer needed for Peter Kay tribute

Hi,

I am looking for anyone that can write me a 1 hour show in the style of Peter Kay for a Peter Kay tribute act. Cheers

Where do you want it sent? I can send you a CV if you like.

Just watch one of those "We love the 70s/80s" programmes, note down any product names and then write some lines like "Did you used have a Rayleigh Chopper? Weren't they great? Everyone had Rayleigh Choppers, except me, we were so poor I had a Grifter" or "Remember Wham bars? They were right chewy weren't they? It took you 'alf an hour to eat 'um and even then you'd still have 'alf of it stuck to your teeth", repeat as necessary and remember to act everything out in a hilarious fashion.

That's Tony's 'Tight 5' out there...

Dan

Isn't the essence of a tribute act that you just do their act?

Garlic sausage!!!

Quote: Justin Lovell @ January 7 2013, 2:43 PM GMT

Hi,

I am looking for anyone that can write me a 1 hour show in the style of Peter Kay for a Peter Kay tribute act. Cheers

If you want original material, is it really still a tribute act? That being said, "tribute acts" aren't really an accepted thing in stand-up comedy. Either you're using a style similar to someone else (which is fine if the material is unique) or you're just nicking someone else's gags, which is a no go.

Seeing as Peter Kay is notorious for (allegedly) borrowing other comics material, it's arguable that he's already a tribute act.

Laughing out loud 'Garlic bread! Garlic bread! where the hell did that come from?'...

Quote: dellas @ January 8 2013, 2:23 PM GMT

Laughing out loud 'Garlic bread! Garlic bread! where the hell did that come from?'...

Get with it, Granddad. He does cheesecake now.

Cheese? Cake? Cake with cheese? Cheesecake???

etc, etc.

It's really surprising but, there are quite a few comedy 'tribute' acts around now especially on the holiday camp and cruise ship circuits

http://www.scottjordan.co.uk/categories/comedy-tribute-acts.html

http://www.hireacomedian.co.uk/comedy_tribute_acts.htm

So basically you want someone else to write an act for you so that you can perform it, as someone else. Brilliant idea.

Quote: PurpleRonnie @ January 8 2013, 8:40 PM GMT

So basically you want someone else to write an act for you so that you can perform it, as someone else. Brilliant idea.

I don't think the person is here...