Rubbish Sitcoms Page 6

She also fired her agent, IIRC.

Freddie & Max, and the UK version of Who's The Boss - both utter tripe.

'In With The Flynns' was the worst sitcom I have ever seen in my whole life. Not funny, badly written.

Another sitcom I think is overrated is 'My Family'. I found the last episode very good but the ending was not great. It was a bit like the last episode of LOTSW - nothing seemed to happen.

Quote: sidecar jon @ February 5 2011, 6:54 PM GMT

That's impossible ..no one else remembers The Dustbinmen!...it was terrible. Yus My Dear, was awful and largely forgotten too.

Oh God, and I have just ordered Yus, My Dear.

Yus, My Dear is awful, but it does have Arthur Mullard and Queenie Watts in so it's awful in a watchable way. Romany Jones was better. But I kind of like both, can't really justify that opinion though. ;)

I watch and find something to enjoy in practically everything - but really, Yus, My Dear is SO dreadful.

Didn't stop me ordering the second series on DVD, mind...

Quote: Aaron @ December 12 2012, 12:18 AM GMT

I watch and find something to enjoy in practically everything - but really, Yus, My Dear is SO dreadful.

Didn't stop me ordering the second series on DVD, mind...

As I once read, it was designed as a vehicle for Arthur Mullard - a vehicle that many wished had been an oncoming train.

Laughing out loud

"Clone" was pretty awful.

I think im just a sucker when it comes to 70s sitcoms especially. Even some of the God damn awful ones I still watch every now and then.

I quite like Queenie Watts and Arthur Mullard together in one of the 'On The Buses' films, and thought they made a good husband and wife team, which is one of the reasons for me ordering 'Yus My Dear'. The other being I'm a fan of Mike Reid.

Quote: Stephen Ryder @ December 12 2012, 1:25 PM GMT

I think im just a sucker when it comes to 70s sitcoms especially. Even some of the God damn awful ones I still watch every now and then.

I quite like Queenie Watts and Arthur Mullard together in one of the 'On The Buses' films, and thought they made a good husband and wife team, which is one of the reasons for me ordering 'Yus My Dear'. The other being I'm a fan of Mike Reid.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for 70s shows too. But Yus, My Dear really is bad.

Teary

:D It does have its moments, but yeah... Maybe better having watched Romany Jones previously, which I didn't for some reason.

Very interested to hear what you think when you see it though, of course. :)

Quote: Aaron @ February 9 2011, 12:47 AM GMT

Sounds vaguely like So Haunt Me - certainly the ravages of time could cause you to remember it like that.

I'd totally forgotten about that one. I think I watched it purely because it had 'Bob' from 'Rita, Sue and Bob Too' in it. My favourite sleazy comedy character. He was a bit wasted in this show though.

'Fresh Meat' was very disappointing considering how much I love Peep Show. I did read it gets a lot better after the first few episodes though.