Full English Page 2

Quote: Barghest @ November 14 2012, 1:44 AM GMT

Pop culture references that I actually understand would be great, lol.

We can just make our own.

"Hey Stewie, this reminds me of the time I was Alfie Bass's fluffer on the set of Come Play With Me"

Cut to.....actually, I don't want to imagine the next bit.

The most disturbing thing about this was the thought that, having got their script, they set about hand crafting every frame of their comedy pearls - like a slow-motion car crash where nobody shouts 'stop!'.

Wow - could this be first ever example of the elusive "universally despised" show?

Haven't seen it yet, but the list of talent involved in the production is very impressive. Witholding judgment till I watch online tonight.

Quote: Bomsh @ November 14 2012, 12:42 PM GMT

The most disturbing thing about this was the thought that, having got their script, they set about hand crafting every frame of their comedy pearls - like a slow-motion car crash where nobody shouts 'stop!'.

Laughing out loud

I had to stopped watching at the ad break. I thought comedy of this calibre is usually now reserved for Friday night prime time BBC One? I think billing it as British equivalent of Family Guy was a mistake. Marketing it as 'slightly more bearable than shoving a Christmas Tree in your eye' would have been more accurate.

Was this just a pilot or the start of a full series? I'd hate to think money has been wasted on producing a full series.

Quote: Jinky @ November 14 2012, 11:09 AM GMT

We can just make our own.

"Hey Stewie, this reminds me of the time I was Alfie Bass's fluffer on the set of Come Play With Me"

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: DougWonnacott @ November 14 2012, 1:30 PM GMT

Was this just a pilot or the start of a full series? I'd hate to think money has been wasted on producing a full series.

If only there was a website that provided such useful information with a single click of the mouse...

Quote: Aaron @ November 14 2012, 2:02 PM GMT

If only there was a website that provided such useful information with a single click of the mouse...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/

Pssh, dodgy regurgitated news? That's not programme information!

Off topic.

Quote: sootyj @ November 14 2012, 10:34 AM GMT

There was Stressed Eric and that other the one about the couple whose name I forget.

Bob and Margaret.

The highspot of British TV animation though was Bromwell High.

Bob and Margaret was aces

Quote: Tursiops @ November 14 2012, 4:10 PM GMT

The highspot of British TV animation though was Bromwell High.

Channel 4 still have an entire series unbroadcast, and then they show this. Beggars belief.

I keep seeing the word "British" associated with this show, yet three of the producers behind it are American and have links to Futurama.

I wonder what the over/under is on bad teeth jokes for the whole series, as us Brits just find those sooooooooooooooo funny.

Wait... This wasn't just some poor version of 2DTV?

I had no idea the series was about this family, thought it was just an odd sketch show with a theme each week. This week being the BGT parody.

Was I supposed to realise they were the main characters then? Laughing out loud

Ok, so it was the first episode - I'm still withholding final judgment.

Bad though.

Haven't seen it. But from the overview, I see Richard Ayoade's in it. What's he/his character like?