When comedy becomes horror...

Had my worst gig yet last night. For the first time my mind went blank halfway through my routine. Rather than just stand there looking daft I resorted to ad-libbing whilst looking daft...

Totally my fault. I'd had a month off, become complacent with my material by not rehearsing rigorously, I didn't have a drink before the show and I allowed my mind to be totally overcome with other thoughts with a girl I am interested in.

Please post your horror stories on stage in order to make me feel better about myself...

Totally my fault. I'd had a month off, become complacent with my material by not rehearsing rigorously, I didn't have a drink before the show and I allowed my mind to be totally overcome with other thoughts with a girl I am interested in.

here is my advice

(1) don't take a month off.

(2) don't be complacent about your material.

(3) rehearse rigorously.

(4) have a drink.

(5) have a wank and be done!

:D :D :D :D

cool advice..although I already knew this.

i was hoping to hear your horror stories really. do you have any?

i don't do stand up but I have a lot of respect for anyone who does. I am sure your not the first to fumble and I am sure you won't be the last.

i have seen top end comedians fumble,so I wouldn't be too disheartend if I was you.
:D :D

Quote: Nigel Ball @ October 5 2012, 9:23 PM BST

i don't do stand up but I have a lot of respect for anyone who does. I am sure your not the first to fumble and I am sure you won't be the last.

i have seen top end comedians fumble,so I wouldn't be too disheartend if I was you.
:D :D

oh I don't feel that bad about it really. I'll probably use it as material at some point and it certainly makes a good conversation piece.

it was probably one of my biggest fears and now that it's happened...it wasn't that bad at all, all things considered...

if you want real feedback on your routine,post something on the showcase forum with a link to you tube or something like that..

i am sure there will be a few stand up comdeians mooching around in the forum basements. :D

I kind of get all the feedback I need when I perform on stage.

i was just kind of looking for some stand up comedy horror stories as I thought it might be interesting.

Quote: Nigel Ball @ October 5 2012, 8:51 PM BST

here is my advice

(1) don't take a month off.

(2) don't be complacent about your material.

(3) rehearse rigorously.

(4) have a drink.

(5) have a wank and be done!

:D :D :D :D

If you just do point 5 on stage, you don't have to bother with the other four.

lol.

but seriously. doesn't anyone have any stories...?

Quote: nickname @ October 5 2012, 10:31 PM BST

but seriously. doesn't anyone have any stories...?

Yes, they're on this thread. Keep up.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/796120/