What I did in Edinburgh 2012

Interviewed Nick Helm
Interviewed Lara A King

Performed – for Funny Women while the power was down for the whole square
Performed – for Funny’s Funny with the bonus of electricity

Art – Harry Hill’s art collection
Art – Lovely student sculpture and painting exhibition
Art – Weird Monkey film installation thing

BBC Radio to Pictures masterclass – Scott Mills Nick Grimshaw Greg James Chris Ramsey and techy guys talking about the red button etc
BBC recording of Chris Brookmyre’s radio show with Alex Horn as guest
BBC screening of Nina Conti’s documentary and a Q&A with Arthur Smith
BBC writer’s masterclass with the writers of Whites etc

Shows
Abandoman– he rapped about my fridge at work and me stealing sandwiches from Usain Bolt :)
Billy the Mime - Sunny’s recommendation- (for the second show in a row, an act spat tic tacs in my direction)
David Bussell’s Visual Aids show (and half the set of the guy on before)
David O’Doherty 403 second master class with Sam Simmons, Al Murray, Mark Watson, Nick Mohammed and Kumail Nanjiani.
Disco Graffiti – Ashley Frieze
Dylan Moran
Funny Woman including Ellie Taylor, Lara A King, Tiffany Stevenson
Iszy Lawrence
James Acaster
Kate Smurthwaite
Kemble’s Riot,
Lewis Shaffer
McNeil and Pamphilon
Monkey Toast
Nick Helm
Pat Burschter
Stuart Goldsmith's pod cast interview of Abandoman
Tim Vine’s chat show
Tony Law
Trevor Lock

(I’d already seen Tim Key and Stew Lee’s shows or I’d have seen them too).

Miscellaneous
Met lots of lovely people from BCG and beyond - Hello Wave
Inadvertently caused Mark from BCG to nearly concuss himself
Had a fascinating anecdote interrupted by David O’Doherty (a personal highlight)
Stood close to Isy Suttie thinking ‘Ooh there’s Dobby off Peep Show.’
Was possibly stalked by Marcus Brigstock (either that or it’s just coincidence he kept turning up near me one day – I guess I’ll never know)
Got my picture of the back of Tim Vine’s head for the second year running – one year he’ll turn around.
Funny Women work shop
Did loads of writing

What I didn’t do
See the other 2685 shows up here!
Answer my emails/ ring my mum enough.

Quote: Jane P @ August 16 2012, 11:19 PM BST

Interviewed Nick Helm
Interviewed Lara A King

Performed – for Funny Women while the power was down for the whole square
Performed – for Funny’s Funny with the bonus of electricity

Art – Harry Hill’s art collection
Art – Lovely student sculpture and painting exhibition
Art – Weird Monkey film installation thing

BBC Radio to Pictures masterclass – Scott Mills Nick Grimshaw Greg James Chris Ramsey and techy guys talking about the red button etc
BBC recording of Chris Brookmyre’s radio show with Alex Horn as guest
BBC screening of Nina Conti’s documentary and a Q&A with Arthur Smith
BBC writer’s masterclass with the writers of Whites etc

Shows
Abandoman– he rapped about my fridge at work and me stealing sandwiches from Usain Bolt :)
Billy the Mime - Sunny’s recommendation- (for the second show in a row, an act spat tic tacs in my direction)
David Bussell’s Visual Aids show (and half the set of the guy on before)
David O’Doherty 403 second master class with Sam Simmons, Al Murray, Mark Watson, Nick Mohammed and Kumail Nanjiani.
Disco Graffiti – Ashley Frieze
Dylan Moran
Funny Woman including Ellie Taylor, Lara A King, Tiffany Stevenson
Iszy Lawrence
James Acaster
Kate Smurthwaite
Kemble’s Riot,
Lewis Shaffer
McNeil and Pamphilon
Monkey Toast
Nick Helm
Pat Burschter
Stuart Goldsmith's pod cast interview of Abandoman
Tim Vine’s chat show
Tony Law
Trevor Lock

(I’d already seen Tim Key and Stew Lee’s shows or I’d have seen them too).

Miscellaneous
Met lots of lovely people from BCG and beyond - Hello Wave
Had a fascinating anecdote interrupted by David O’Doherty (a personal highlight)
Stood close to Isy Suttie thinking ‘Ooh there’s Dobby off Peep Show.’
Was possibly stalked by Marcus Brigstock (either that or it’s just coincidence he kept turning up near me one day – I guess I’ll never know)
Got my picture of the back of Tim Vine’s head for the second year running – one year he’ll turn around.
Funny Women work shop
Did loads of writing

What I didn’t do
See the other 2685 shows up here!
Answer my emails/ ring my mum enough.

Tired just reading this. :)

You have been busy!

Need more info.

Quote: David Bussell @ August 11 2012, 11:36 AM BST

It was a pleasure seeing not one but three BCGers at yesterday's gig. For those of you in the area who might have missed it, we're on again today at 3pm today at Rush Bar.

http://www.edfringe.com/whats-on/comedy/visual-aids

Hi David, I did love your show and really tried to put a review on BB but it's an overly complicated system! I had to register with them first which I hate doing but I did it - then had to go via facebook which I hate but I tried it, but the link wouldn't work. I gave up at that point I'm afraid but lots of thumbs up from me. I like it when someone has made an effort with their comedy presentation and it pays off. Otherwise it's just double awkward. Hope you have/had a good run. :)

Jx

Quote: zooo @ August 16 2012, 11:22 PM BST

You have been busy!

Need more info.

Hi Zooo

I'd been trying to catch up with him all week and finally we had about five mins before he was dashing off again. I was queuing for David O'Doherty and Mark did that thing where you kind of say 'Bye' and walk backwards, turning around at the last moment, just to smack his head into a beam. Ouch!

Whistling nnocently

Quote: Jane P @ August 16 2012, 11:28 PM BST

Hi Zooo

I'd been trying to catch up with him all week and finally we had about five mins before he was dashing off again. I was queuing for David O'Doherty and Mark did that thing where you kind of say 'Bye' and walk backwards, turning around at the last moment, just to smack his head into a beam. Ouch!

Whistling nnocently

Sounds like he needed a better comedy guide.

No?

Hi Zooo

Whistling nnocently

Laughing out loud
Aw, bless him.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 16 2012, 11:22 PM BST

Tired just reading this. :)

Hi Nil

Wave

Look my first ever interview!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/fringe/2012/features/nick_helm_this_means_war_interview/

Zooo - indeed

Badge - that may well be your finest work yet - genuinely LOL and I thought I was comedied out!

It was lovely to meet you Jane P. Did you enjoy Billy the Mime?

David Bussell: did you enjoy Peacock Season?
(Sorry I didn't turn up to film your show - I had a problem due to insurance - I.E. I had none!).

Badge, I hope to meet up again one day, you seemed like a top bloke indeed.

AJGO: Cleary mad as a box of mad things but a true delight none-the-less!

I would die a sad man if I didn't have the joy of another pint with AJGO, Badge, Jane & David. Nice Peeps!

Quote: Bob Hicks @ August 17 2012, 7:17 AM BST

It was lovely to meet you Jane P. Did you enjoy Billy the Mime?

(Sorry I didn't turn up to film your show - I had a problem due to insurance - I.E. I had none!).

Hi Bob

Lovely meeting you too and no worries on filming - I need to rework my set anyway and get better at performing it first!

Billy the Mime is technically brilliant. Even though it's obviously just him up there (spitting tic tacs at you) you 'see' a whole cast and for example 'the history or art' was performed brilliantly and imaginatively. But, like The Boy With the Tape on his Face, who is tipped for big things this year, it's just not for me. So I'm glad if I saw one mime act it was one of the best and it was funny but I like words! :)

I did want to see another of your suggestions, Rhys Darby, but the price put me off. Free fringe is actually a fiver unless you have no conscience and ticketed shows generally around £10-£12 so I wasn't sure about paying £18 for Rhys when there were so many other great acts on.

I still feel bad I went to the half price ticket booth and paid just £2.50 to see Trevor Lock who I thought was excellent but only had 7 of us in that day and some of those I suspect were working on the show with him. But put a rude word in the title of a show and they'll flock to it. It's a funny old festival.

Jx

Hi David, I did love your show and really tried to put a review on BB but it's an overly complicated system! I had to register with them first which I hate doing but I did it - then had to go via facebook which I hate but I tried it, but the link wouldn't work. I gave up at that point I'm afraid but lots of thumbs up from me. I like it when someone has made an effort with their comedy presentation and it pays off. Otherwise it's just double awkward. Hope you have/had a good run. :)

No worries, Jane, I hadn't realised how complicated the Broadway Baby comments system was. Badge managed to suss it out though, so the rather sour review from the guy who didn't enjoy Ali touching his penis has been balanced out. I'm amazed you even had time to think about reviewing us anyway what with everything you managed to pack in! I've seen about a quarter of what you took in and I'm only here for a couple more days. Just read your Helm interview by the way - very nice work!

Again, thanks to everyone who paid us a visit - it's been a fun ride. Only 2 more shows to go now, so if you haven't seen us yet do come pay us a visit. We're at Rush Bar from 3pm until Saturday then it's back to the London circuit.

http://www.edfringe.com/whats-on/comedy/visual-aids

David Bussell: did you enjoy Peacock Season?

No worries about the filming, I have plans to stage a one man show next year and get that professionally filmed anyway.

I didn't get the chance to watch Peacock Season yet - I'll most likely watch it on the train on the way home now. Thanks again for that.

Quote: Jane P @ August 17 2012, 8:18 AM BST

I did want to see another of your suggestions, Rhys Darby, but the price put me off. Free fringe is actually a fiver unless you have no conscience and ticketed shows generally around £10-£12 so I wasn't sure about paying £18 for Rhys when there were so many other great acts on.

Wow, I wish more people like you had showed up for the run - you're lucky to get a quid from most audience members. I got my first actual button yesterday.

I saw Rhys Darby. He was good but in no way was he £19 good!

When's your last show David?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 17 2012, 9:24 AM BST

When's your last show David?

Saturday, silly billy!

AJGO: Cleary mad as a box of mad things but a true delight none-the-less!

I would die a sad man if I didn't have the joy of another pint with AJGO, Badge, Jane & David. Nice Peeps!

Laughing out loud Wave

Get yourself on down to London town

Well done on the interview Jane!

Le Bussell, I dunnae have the Facebookz but I have said lovely things about you to anyone who asked, after describing my aces playsuit of course

Sorry for the late response, but it took me all day to read about your summer vacation. ;)

Glad you had a great time and well done on the famous hobbing and nobbing. Have put going to the Edinburgh Fringe on my bucket list - it's number 3 after slop and KFC.

Quote: David Bussell @ August 17 2012, 9:14 AM BST

Just read your Helm interview by the way - very nice work!

Wow, I wish more people like you had showed up for the run - you're lucky to get a quid from most audience members. I got my first actual button yesterday.

I saw Rhys Darby. He was good but in no way was he £19 good!

Thanks David - yep he priced himself out for me - I'm sure he's gutted about that in his packed show every night. :)

Hope the rest of your time there is a success and people adhere to my new £5 rule. And go see some more comedy!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 17 2012, 3:24 PM BST

Sorry for the late response, but it took me all day to read about your summer vacation. ;)

Glad you had a great time and well done on the famous hobbing and nobbing. Have put going to the Edinburgh Fringe on my bucket list - it's number 3 after slop and KFC.

Yes it was all hobbing I'm afraid. :) Hope to see you there next year!

Here's my second interview - Lara is fab - I hope she does well.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/fringe/2012/features/lara_a_king_interview/

I'll shut up about Edinburgh now - until the next time. :D

Am now way up north in Malaig about to go sailing around the West Coast of Scotland for a week - let's see if those dolphins are as funny as they think they are!

Jx