Status report Page 4,735

Quote: Booo @ August 7 2012, 8:10 PM BST

Want a drink but can't be arsed to get dressed and go to the shop.
There should be a drinks take-away service with home delivery.

Another of the companies I very almost started. I even bought a limited company name for it - had problems with offices and drink licance laws from what I remember.

I live in a respectable town, sooty.
;)

Quote: bigfella @ August 7 2012, 8:20 PM BST

Another of the companies I very almost started. I even bought a limited company name for it - had problems with offices and drink licance laws from what I remember.

That doesn't help me now!

I don't know where you are but there are loads round my way (South East). Try Googling "UK booze delivery (+ your area)"

Just ate some chow mein. Delicious.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ August 7 2012, 8:40 PM BST

I don't know where you are but there are loads round my way (South East). Try Googling "UK booze delivery (+ your area)"

Thank you, I stopped being lazy and went.

Useful to know though.

You kids don't remember things like this . .

Beer at home means Davenports!

That’s the beer!
Lots of cheer!
The finest malt with hops and yeast,
Turns a snack into a feast.
Straight from breweries to your home,
Why collect?
We’ll deliver!

Soon you’ll know why folks all say:
“Beer at home means DAVENPORTS”!

TV commercial in the 1960s

Do you remember a jolly-sounding one for Watney's Draught Red Barrel ( think that was it)

I'm finally in Edinburgh, and it's sunny! It's fab already and I'm looking forward (ish) to my own gigs no. 7 and 8 while I'm here. And to seeing loads of excellent/ brave/ what were they thinking? type comedy and to meeting up with some lovely BCG people. :)

Sorry I'm not around here too often but thanks muchly and belatedly (if you see this) to Harridan, Badge, Ajgo, Renegade and Huge Bear for coming to my last stand up attempt. And even more so for laughing and not heckling or in RP's case at least keeping it to a minimum. Cheques in the post as always.

Wave

I'm feeling very mean-spirited for criticising my baby sister - she's been lovely! Helping me with the cooking, doing all the work I ask her to do, trying new foods! She just needed a little positive reinforcement. I've even managed to convince to have her scraggily hair cut and to have a bath! This evening we sat and watched a Fred&Ginger film together. :D

Quote: Jane P @ August 7 2012, 10:17 PM BST

I'm finally in Edinburgh, and it's sunny! It's fab already and I'm looking forward (ish) to my own gigs no. 7 and 8 while I'm here. And to seeing loads of excellent/ brave/ what were they thinking? type comedy and to meeting up with some lovely BCG people. :)

Sorry I'm not around here too often but thanks muchly and belatedly (if you see this) to Harridan, Badge, Ajgo, Renegade and Huge Bear for coming to my last stand up attempt. And even more so for laughing and not heckling or in RP's case at least keeping it to a minimum. Cheques in the post as always.

Wave

You were brilliant, and such a relief after the mad woman before you!

Back home we have a local cabbie who is willing to pop in the offie and fetch some drinks then deliver for a fee, but I'm guessing it's not an 'official' business, more a friendly arrangement.

Just been doing some late night revision. It's all go.

Quote: Loopey @ August 7 2012, 8:17 PM BST

Darn you sick people. My hub's just been sick. That's the the last time I put any BCGers in the cupboard under the stairs. Angry

Oh dear... Hope he gets well soon.

I can't believe how old some of the people I went to school with are already looking. They look like they're in their late 30s rather than late 20s.

Quote: Ben @ August 8 2012, 12:49 AM BST

I can't believe how old some of the people I went to school with are already looking. They look like they're in their late 30s rather than late 20s.

Ha! The thirty thing again.

I've not been drinking much tea for the last 10 days as I've been off work, so my caffeine tolerance has gone through the floor. Had a cup of tea at 10pm and I cannot get to sleep. Not even a bit tired.