Episodes - Series 2 Page 2

It isn't always laugh-out-loud funny, but it's constantly amusing. And I did laugh out loud at Matt emptying his pockets to reveal two handfuls of Skittles and a Snickers bar!

Quote: Brett Barnett @ July 1 2012, 3:09 PM BST

And I did laugh out loud at Matt emptying his pockets to reveal two handfuls of Skittles and a Snickers bar!

..."and an army man!"

I found the 1st series to be simply 'alright' but this 2nd series was so much better and I will be eagerly awaiting a 3rd one. :D

Agree. Much better stuff this year and I enjoyed it a lot. It was also more traditionally sitcom, I thought. With some standalone episode sort of stuff going on (admittedly not exclusively) but it did seem to be going that way.

Were there actually any Americans in it though? People who kept turning up seemed to be British (or at least British-based American actors). Where was it filmed? Would I be disappointed and find out that lovely sunny hillside they jog up is Staines-Upon-Thames or something?

Dan

I believe it was mostly or all filmed in UK.

I hate hearing stuff like that. :( Ruins everything!

Yes, the majority of the series is filmed here, hence all the British actors. You may note in the closing credits a section for the LA unit though: the scenes of the studio lot are Paramount Studios in Hollywood, and I believe that those hills are indeed the ones overlooking the valley.

Not seen this but isn't John Pankow in it? He's not British based is he? Okay, I only know who he is because of his older brother, Jimmy Pankow of (the band) Chicago for those who don't know or care (that'd be everyone then...!)

Matt LeBlanc's American too!

(Pankow is in it, you're right. Although not explicit about it, I think Dan was referring to the supporting cast rather than the handful of stars.)

It bumbled along in a watchable fashion but it could never escape its two dreary lead characters, an unconvincing situation and a certain wannabe Curb vibe with its bad language, sexual crudeness etc.

Although LeBlanc was very good.

Finale was incredible. The fight at Man of the Year was possibly the funniest moment of the series. "WHAT IS HAPPENING!?"

Well, the Matt/Sean fight was the highlight of Series 1 and was definitely the funniest moment of that series.

Maybe they've nailed the 'humourous fight scenes'.

Dan

Now they've done it twice, they have to have an even bigger fight in the season three finale, they just have to.