Feminism: Right To Equality Page 6

Quote: Jane P @ July 10 2012, 10:20 AM BST

Sorry RC when people start talking about football I tune out and think about shopping or 50 shades of grey.

:O

Nooooo!!! Can we not get through a thread without someone mentioning 'that book'?

Quote: Jane P @ July 10 2012, 10:20 AM BST

Sorry RC when people start talking about football I tune out and think about shopping or 50 shades of David grey. Mmm climb my ladder you middle of the road MOR crooner :)

It's not what Pankhurst wanted you know.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 10 2012, 10:23 AM BST

Nooooo!!! Can we not get through a thread without someone mentioning 'that book'? I can't read and its taking me ages to finish the colouring in version, as I keep going over the lines on the drawings of bruised buttocks.

If its just for you RCP it doesn't really matter.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 10 2012, 10:23 AM BST

Nooooo!!! Can we not get through a thread without someone mentioning 'that book'?

Sorry I've missed all those threads - has Marc P confessed to writing it yet?

Somebody wrote "sootyj is a smelly bum face" on the walls of the disabled bogs in Kingscross

Quote: Jane P @ July 10 2012, 10:33 AM BST

I've eliminated him from my enquiries as it was spelled correctly.

Trying to distract attention are we?

has Marc P confessed to writing it yet?

Laughing out loud

The topic of 50 Shades has been covered extensively in your absence. Is it sexist, feminist, empowering, post feminist, boring wank material, etc?

It is all pervasive though, even had some of my female friends discussing it on Facebook. And I thought all the Twilight bollox was bad.

I dunno it can't be much worse than Pride and Prejudice.

Now that really was rubbish.

So... when does the discussion on feminism start? or is it to be the usual red herrings thrown around to 'prove' more silly notions?

Feminism is no more than a wish to suffer no detriment based, entirely, on gender.

It's not, as some would like to suggest, about the outrage of 'militant feminist types' (Largely made up!) Suggesting it's about seats on public transport is the kind of stupidity that suggests that attitudes have to change much further...

...and the usual 'some women can't do certain jobs because they aren't strong enough' nonesense staggers me. In reality lots of physically demanding jobs are done by women... because they tend to be low paid. It's true that SOME women aren't physically able to do SOME jobs... I'd say in roughly the same amount as
some men aren't physically able to do those same jobs.

I think it was based on me ;)

Oh and thank goodness there is someone with Gravitas to throw some intellectual light on this, if I may be permitted to mix my metaphors, thorny subject.

Quote: Marc P @ July 10 2012, 10:51 AM BST

I think it was based on me ;)

Oh and thank goodness there is someone with Gravitas to throw some intellectual light on this, if I may be permitted to mix my metaphors, thorny subject.

Ooh... At first I thought this was a little dig. Of course that's just the weight of my own insecurities and lack of confidence pressing down on me.
Of course if Marc disagreed with what I said, or God forbid agreed, he would say so and why. To make a sneery, self satisfied, comment would be beneath him.
Shame on me!

I was talking about my own hefty contributions to the subject rwayne, but feel free to think everything is about you.

Quote: Marc P @ July 10 2012, 12:50 PM BST

I was talking about my own hefty contributions to the subject rwayne, but feel free to think everything is about you.

Now, now Marc. You are being a little duplicitous here. Rarely do any of your posts have just a single meaning.

Of course I don't think everything is 'about me'... particularly as I am now 'in Coventry' (which I find adorable by the way) but the positioning of that post underneath my own and the fact that I was one of the very few to offer a serious reply is not accidental. You do leave yourself a 'get out' often though and it is, actually, quite clever.

Of course I could use your argument with my post... read it again. I said you hadn't done it ( that indeed is duplicitous too and intentionally so ) my apologies if I posted something to suggest that you might be a little predictable. I'm certain most people won't see it.

You could always offer your own thoughts on 'feminism'... but feel free not to.

rwayne,

I've been watching your act from behind the snooker table and I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism?

F**k off.

Hmm...

Quote: Lee @ July 11 2012, 1:08 AM BST

Hmm...

Wot?

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 11 2012, 1:05 AM BST

rwayne,

I've been watching your act from behind the snooker table and I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism?

F**k off.

IMO That is completely uncalled for and out of order.