Cheese shop by Monty Python

Anyone else get a free tape from a Weetabix box in the mid - late 1980s? Had to send away for it, it had a Monty sketch on the same lines as parrot, but cheese.

It was quite long but it was magnificent it was John giving it his usual Basil persona

Mongolian Yak's cheese?
Sorry, just run out this morning.

Anyone else remember it? Can I get it from somewhere?

Cheers

V
England Scotland

It's quite a famous sketch and it's probably in the And Now For Something Complete Different film.

Quote: Chappers @ May 10 2012, 10:04 PM BST

It's quite a famous sketch and it's probably in the And Now For Something Complete Different film.

Thanks. My knowledge of MP is lumberjacks, the films, The Larch, Spanish Inquisition, Parrot.

I like some of it.

Cheers I'll check it out.

It's definitely on one of the albums as well.
Can't remember which, probably "Matching Tie & Handkerchief"

It's a brilliant example of Palin and Cleese's thesarus writing.

I think I heard it on audio first too-on John Cleese at the Beeb, or should that be Muriel Volestrangler?

Cleese and Chapman's writing, surely?

Indubitably.

I'm pretty sure it's on Monty Python The Final Rip Off cd too.

My wife claims she once stood in line behind John Cleese at the Covent Garden Cheese Shop on Neal's Yard while he ordered from a long list of obscure cheeses. I want so much to believe her but she's a sneaky minx when she wants to be.

One of the best sketches of all time.

And Dave I can believe Cleese would do that, as he himself is something of a minx.

This sketch was referenced/spoofed in an episode of The Young Ones.

They gave it away with Weetabix??

He says "I don't care how f**king runny it is" when Mr Wensleydale mentions he has some Camembert !

Well on the copy I have anyway...