What are you listening to now? Page 878

It's not often I get totally obssessed with a song, but I find myself playing Dayvan Cowboy by Boards of Canada on an almost daily basis. It has to be one of the best chill out tunes ever created.

Just in case you want to check it out, it's here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2zKARkpDW4&ob=av2e

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 28 2012, 11:05 AM BST

It's not often I get totally obssessed with a song, but I find myself playing Dayvan Cowboy by Boards of Canada on an almost daily basis. It has to be one of the best chill out tunes ever created.

Just in case you want to check it out, it's here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2zKARkpDW4&ob=av2e

God! I was expecting something peaceful and the opening ad just about blasted my brains out through my ears.

I am listening to various songs by the popular four piece group known as 'The Smiths'.

I Am Arrows - Nice Try

Quote: keewik @ March 28 2012, 4:35 PM BST

God! I was expecting something peaceful and the opening ad just about blasted my brains out through my ears.

But I'm not responsible for the adverts. It's You Tube / Google. Teary

Still, once you get past whatever piece of crap 'the Man' is trying to sell you, it is an awesome track.

The video is good, but the music just sounded like background music to me.
I'm not really very well versed in the whole instrumental 'chill out' music thing though.

Quote: zooo @ March 28 2012, 11:47 PM BST

The video is good, but the music just sounded like background music to me.
I'm not really very well versed in the whole instrumental 'chill out' music thing though.

Like, the point is to 'hear' the music, not 'listen' to it, so like, your alpha waves are calm and shit, man.

Ahhh. I need to smoke something first. Got it. ;)

Generally I find with music termed 'chill out' that a more accurate description would be 'dull, dull background music'.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 29 2012, 1:18 PM BST

Generally I find with music termed 'chill out' that a more accurate description would be 'dull, dull background music'.

Certainly nothing on King Crimson.

Listening to Yes' Roundabout followed by Pandora's Box by Procol Harum.

Quote: Ben @ March 28 2012, 6:06 PM BST

I am listening to various songs by the popular four piece group known as 'The Smiths'.

I loved the Smiths
I loved Morrissey
But have you ever excused a singer's personal or political belief's to a point of no return?

I'm afraid that Morrissey's antics in Argentina were a step too far for me and he is officially off my Christmas card list.

Most, if not all of the Morrissey/Smiths fans I know think he's an absolute numpty of the highest order. Therefore, I think liking his music but not him might be the norm.

Quote: zooo @ March 30 2012, 11:05 PM BST

Most, if not all of the Morrissey/Smiths fans I know think he's an absolute numpty of the highest order.

Then you're talking to the wrong Morrissey fans. Angry

I like Morrissey.

The Smiths were brilliant. Morrissey is a brilliant songwriter. Luckily you don't need to like everything about someone to like what they do... if you did nobody would like anything.