What are you listening to now? Page 883

Quote: AJGO @ April 19 2012, 5:22 PM BST

Verdict?

It's pretty rad, AJGO! It's got a nice country blues feel to it with the odd moment of screeching guitar you expect of Mr White. A bit like 'Get Behind Me Satan' in other words.

I just had on the first album by Battles - Mirrored. I like. I'm so far behind the rest of the kids I'm afraid I might get teased.

Quote: Ben @ April 19 2012, 5:53 PM BST

It's pretty rad, AJGO! It's got a nice country blues feel to it with the odd moment of screeching guitar you expect of Mr White. A bit like 'Get Behind Me Satan' in other words.

Well that sounds groovalicious Ben. Any stand-out tracks you'd like to recommend?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 19 2012, 5:58 PM BST

I just had on the first album by Battles - Mirrored. I like. I'm so far behind the rest of the kids I'm afraid I might get teased.

:D It's okay, you're safe here in the geekery of the Listening To thread

Quote: AJGO @ April 19 2012, 6:07 PM BST

:D It's okay, you're safe here in the geekery of the Listening To thread

Cheers. I'll try and relax more. *breaaaaathe*

Breathe? Breathe?!! Which version? Why that version? The remix or the cover? The acoustic version? The limited edition boxset rarity?

The Paul Simon Songbook - recorded here in sunny England before he was famous like (and it's fab). :D

Quote: DaButt @ April 17 2012, 10:26 PM BST

Might be a good time to throw on your Band albums. Teary

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/levon-helm-former-member-of-the-band-is-in-final-stages-of-long-battle-with-cancer/2012/04/17/gIQA9v8kOT_story.html

Sad that nearly the whole band is gone; they're one of my favourites; I have the brown album vinyl in a frame on my wall.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 19 2012, 7:26 PM BST

Sad that nearly the whole band is gone; they're one of my favourites; I have the brown album vinyl in a frame on my wall.

I've watched The Last Waltz about a hundred times.

Looks like Levon just passed away. Rest in peace, Mr. Helm.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 19 2012, 5:58 PM BST

I love this album. It's great.

Just had a few beers on the street with the neighborhood neurosurgeon who is 15 years my junior and was pleased to hear him call The Last Waltz "the greatest concert film of all time."

I'm going to pour myself another beer, crawl in bed and give it a good watch/listen for Levon, Rick and Richard. Thanks for the music, brothers.

Steve Coogan being interviewed on Radio 2..aha.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 24 2012, 11:12 PM GMT

That Lana Del Ray fella.
Are all her songs this Dirgey?

Quote: AJGO @ February 24 2012, 11:26 PM GMT

:D Dunno, I perform amazing acrobatics to change the station as quickly as possible if Born to Die starts

I'm quite liking Video Games now that I don't hear it everywhere. Born to Die still makes me lose the will to live though. Which may have been the point but is a bad marketing strategy

Quote: DaButt @ April 20 2012, 3:08 AM BST

Just had a few beers on the street with the neighborhood neurosurgeon who is 15 years my junior and was pleased to hear him call The Last Waltz "the greatest concert film of all time."

I'm going to pour myself another beer, crawl in bed and give it a good watch/listen for Levon, Rick and Richard. Thanks for the music, brothers.

Ditto.

Been listening to them on and off all day and am going to buy The Last Waltz now. RIP

Is the new Battles remix CD any good?