After You've Gone - Noooooooooooooooooooooo Page 2

Quote: Rick Skelton @ January 19, 2008, 5:06 PM

You don't have to apologise for it, just don't watch it.

The BBC doesn't create a schedule for YOU.

If you don't like something, an opinion is fine, but leave out all the "Why has this been re-commissioned?" bullshit.

Agreed, if its popular then it should be re-commissioned, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Like Ive said, Im not a fan so I probably wont watch it much, but then I dont have to, there are other channels. Or books. Or I could go for a walk. Or whittle.

I don't mind. Nicholas Lyndhurst is da man and Dani Harmer is drop dead sexy.

It's not my cup of green tea with jasmine, but i can see why people like it and the ratings show that there is an audience for it. Fair play.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 19, 2008, 5:09 PM

Agreed, if its popular then it should be re-commissioned, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Unless it's Little Miss Jocelyn, in which case anyone who likes it is clearly a moron. ;)

Yes, it's up there with Twatty Bang Bang and Miss Jocelyn.....absolutely awful!

Nicholas Lyndhurst, get your arse back to Peckham with David Jason and do some more Fools & Horses already! :P

:O

Quote: Aaron @ January 20, 2008, 11:41 PM

:O

Yup :D

not a bad comedy got series 1 on dvd which i found not great but a few of them i enjoyed.

I put After You've Gone with The Green Green Grass. They both rely on past glories to push the ratings (Only Fools mainly) but there is an audience as has been said. I don't like either and I don't think the writings great. If both were starting from afresh (ie not being vehicles for established actors) then they probably wouldn't be commissioned. That's where I think my objection lies. It's very ordinary fayre that's quite possibly getting in the way of some really good - fresh stuff that can't force its way through.

Quote: Joey Moose @ January 20, 2008, 11:47 PM

Yup :D

I mean... come on. No matter how much you may dislike it, NOTHING is as bad as Little Miss Jocelyn. And if you don't agree, then your opinion of any comedy is automatically null and void!

(Apart from Little Miss Jocelyn, of course.)

Not much actual FUNNY comedy on telly much ,these days, if at all really, is there?

Somewhere along the way , well, since about the late 70's, comedy has seemed to rely less on being laughed at .

More on appealing to ''yoof''.
Anyone else admit to thinking the young ones was utter sh-te??

I want comedy back, and i'm 44, so have lived thru all the shi-e years, I WANT FUNNY BACK!!

Get some of todays writers of so called comedy, slap them around a bit so they are awake , and lock them in a room with some comedy from the 40's 50's 60's , and then ask them if they think they are worthy.

If you tell people you are a driving instructor the least they expect is that you can drive a bleeding car!

So, if your a ''comedy'' writer , WHATS THE LEAST PEOPLE EXPECT?? EH?? EH??

I try to watch every new so called comedy that comes on, the only 2 ive stuck with recently, have been peep show, ( no more, it will not be as good, know when not to flog horses, a la only fools.... )

and IDEAL, which again ,lost it's way after series 2.

Nothing else is remotely laff inducing.

So ,I watch steptoe dvd's.

Which is the REAL best stcom ever, and anyone that disagrees is probably a John Cleese fan , or thinks Monty Python is funny.

I named ALL my children Harold, and one day my daughter will understand.

Quote: Rockabilly @ January 21, 2008, 11:32 AM

Anyone else admit to thinking the young ones was utter sh-te??

I wouldn't go as far as "utter", but I'm by no means a real fan. To say it's aged terribly would be an understatement.

Agree Steptoe is great. One of the best. But for aspiring writers Cleese' stuff incuding Monty Python is invaluable grounding. Not all side spliting hilarity but enough classic sketches to blow away anything on today. And I'm 44 also-so yah boo sucks [I've matured well!]

If you tell people you are a driving instructor the least they expect is that you can drive a bleeding car!

And service them regularly, if you're Robin Askwith.

I named ALL my children Harold, and one day my daughter will understand.

Laughing out loud

I try to watch every new so called comedy that comes on, the only 2 ive stuck with recently, have been peep show, ( no more, it will not be as good, know when not to flog horses, a la only fools.... )

and IDEAL, which again ,lost it's way after series 2.

Nothing else is remotely laff inducing.

So not so much a comedy fan, as a fan of ten years worth of shows-? The seventies was great-yawn. Yes it was, but there have been at least three great shows since, perhaps even more!
:D

I bet you think music was better in your day too, at least you could hear the words. :P