Upcoming Irish radio sketch show

Hey folks,
We're a writing team with a sketch show upcoming on local Dublin radio. This is our second comedy show for the station and our first sketch show. We've all got standup and live performance experience and we're looking for one (or at most two) additional writer / performers to join our team of five.

Experience ideal but not absolutely required, but you must a) be free and reliable for weekly (or bi-weekly) writing meetings and rehearsals in Dublin, b) be able to write alone AND in co-operation with the team, and able to come up with ideas for our weekly brainstorm, most importantly c) be a funny writer AND performer.

This show has been commissioned, though funding is unconfirmed - i.e.: it will definitely be on the radio, but we're not sure if we're getting paid yet. The final show will be performed and recorded in front of a live studio audience in Dublin city.

If this sounds up your street, please send some sketch or script samples to spam@dbspin.com.

Please note - we will not use your sketch samples without permission. If this is a worry for you, don't send 'em or find a way to copyright before you send.

Thanks a million!
Gareth

I'd like to get involved, but travelling to Dublin on a regular basis simply isn't feasible for me.

Sorry Groovydude, that's a necessity for this one unfortunately.

Do you pay travel expenses?

Sootyj - we've applied for sound and vision funding, and if we receive it writing, rehearsal and performance should pay out at standard equity minimum. However - we won't know if we've been awarded a budget until possibly mid-April, and at that point we'll have to have most of the writing done. The team have been working on this project for free for the last few months, and will go ahead and create the show regardless; so we expect anyone signing on now to to the same.

Quote: Gareth Stack @ March 19 2012, 4:11 PM GMT

Sootyj - we've applied for sound and vision funding, and if we receive it writing, rehearsal and performance should pay out at standard equity minimum. However - we won't know if we've been awarded a budget until possibly mid-April, and at that point we'll have to have most of the writing done. The team have been working on this project for free for the last few months, and will go ahead and create the show regardless; so we expect anyone signing on now to to the same.

Well for this oportunity I guess I'd have to view it as a lovely holiday in Ireland.

Sketch on it's way to you, hope you like it.

Hey Sooty, just to be clear, haven't read your sketch yet, but we really need someone who can come to our weekly writers meeting in Dublin once a week for the next two months at least, followed by a full time week of rehearsals before broadcast (assuming we get funding). If you're not located in Ireland I can't imagine this wouldn't be prohibitively costly for you.

Quote: Gareth Stack @ March 19 2012, 4:33 PM GMT

Hey Sooty, just to be clear, haven't read your sketch yet, but we really need someone who can come to our weekly writers meeting in Dublin once a week for the next two months at least, followed by a full time week of rehearsals before broadcast (assuming we get funding). If you're not located in Ireland I can't imagine this wouldn't be prohibitively costly for you.

Sounds to me like he's read your sketch Sooty. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Gareth Stack @ March 19 2012, 4:33 PM GMT

Nah no problem there are many floors in your fair city I can sleep up on.

But alas few beds.

Quote: Trabs @ March 19 2012, 4:38 PM GMT

Sounds to me like he's read your sketch Sooty. Whistling nnocently

Is that a euphemism...

Hey Sooty, had a quick look through the sketch. Wonder could you send us a couple more bits that are PG? The shows going out at prime time and we can't be 'blue', though disturbing is fine.

We'll take a read through any and all sketches we're sent and decide at our meeting next Monday. Anyone who gets in touch should hear back by then.

No problem one clean sketch coming up..

Cheers!

With the world of Internet communication is it really needed to travel to Dublin? I have quite successfully had 3 or 4 hours meetings on Skype wearing just my boxers below the waist.

Fella as a friend

Ahem

Point the camera up a bit

" I have quite successfully had 3 or 4 hours meetings on Skype wearing just my boxers below the waist. "

Well if you're going to ask and answer your own question...