After You've Gone - Noooooooooooooooooooooo

After You've Gone back for more and more and more .................. and seriously, it's crap, it's Terry and June for the Noughties. It's just NOT funny. I can't believe they've commissioned more of this shite. Celia Imrie what are you thinking? Nicholas Lyndhurst, I know Only Fools can't go on forever, but you're worth so more than this non-funny drivel. It's embarrassing to watch two of our biggest names stoop this low.

Lol, I'm not a big fan either but it's not that bad, especially compared to such comedies like Hyperdrive and Little Miss Jocelyn.

Come here *Hug*

After you've Gone is shockingly shit.

It is surprising that they get yet another series. There is one crazy commissioner at the BBC!

Is that the thing that features the Father from 'The Kumars at Number 42', playing Britain's one and only Indian Pub Landlord?

Quote: Mannikin Bird @ January 18, 2008, 5:52 PM

It is surprising that they get yet another series. There is one crazy commissioner at the BBC!

Errrr....

Quote: catskillz @ January 18, 2008, 7:32 PM

Is that the thing that features the Father from 'The Kumars at Number 42', playing Britain's one and only Indian Pub Landlord?

Correct.

Quote: Thunderwing @ January 18, 2008, 5:44 PM

After You've Gone back for more and more and more .................. and seriously, it's crap, it's Terry and June for the Noughties. It's just NOT funny. I can't believe they've commissioned more of this shite. Celia Imrie what are you thinking? Nicholas Lyndhurst, I know Only Fools can't go on forever, but you're worth so more than this non-funny drivel. It's embarrassing to watch two of our biggest names stoop this low.

Hello Thunderwing. Come now, it's not THAT bad. It might not be the most highbrow comedy - and evidently not in your taste - but it's nowhere near that bad!

P.S. Terry and June is great. :P

It is pretty poor. I'm not going to be an apologist for this tat.

Only watched it once, not really my cup of tea, but I didnt hate it; though I dont think you really buy Lyndhurst as an ex-alcoholic bastard! Id rather watch another episode of this than My Family anyway, and it must be doing quite well to get such a vote of confidence. The two kids are annoying though, especially the boy.

Has no one read any of the other threads about After You've Gone? :O

Quote: Aaron @ January 18, 2008, 8:32 PM

Has no one read any of the other threads about After You've Gone? :O

Not me, its quite a long thread to slog through! Especially if you dont even watch the show :D

Ok, summary then, general consensus etc:

Alex is great, Molly is bad.
Nicholas Lyndhurst is a bit stigmatised by his previous roles, but has improved.
The show's not awful, but it's far from the worst programme we've had recently.

Oh, and Ryan Sampson (who plays Alex) is a member, and a genuinely nice guy.

Errr, I think that's about it.

Quote: Aaron @ January 18, 2008, 8:51 PM

Oh, and Ryan Sampson (who plays Alex) is a member, and a genuinely nice guy.

In that case hes great. :D

Personally I don't have a problem with shows like After You've Gone being recommissioned. It isn't to my tastes but it has done well in the ratings and therefore deserves to continue. It's when the BBC (or any other channel for that matter) recommission crap which nobody likes that it really pisses me off.

Quote: James Williams @ January 18, 2008, 7:43 PM

It is pretty poor. I'm not going to be an apologist for this tat.

You don't have to apologise for it, just don't watch it.

The BBC doesn't create a schedule for YOU.

If you don't like something, an opinion is fine, but leave out all the "Why has this been re-commissioned?" bullshit.