I read the news today oh boy! Page 658

Quote: DaButt @ February 5 2012, 3:14 PM GMT

Of course. You can watch us make fools of ourselves here: http://k1baa.com/cam.html

Sometime when you get a free moment, can you tell me how you set that up, what software etc. I'd like to do the same with one of our ex-school meetings, but what I tried out earlier had very poor picture quality.

Thanx

Quote: zooo @ February 5 2012, 3:17 PM GMT

Is she singing the national anthem as well, or just performing?

She'll be performing at halftime; Kelly Clarkson will sing the national anthem.

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler sang the anthem at a Patriots game a few weeks ago (both are from Boston) and it was rather cringeworthy.

Quote: DaButt @ February 5 2012, 3:31 PM GMT

She'll be performing at halftime; Kelly Clarkson will sing the national anthem.

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler sang the anthem at a Patriots game a few weeks ago (both are from Boston) and it was rather cringeworthy.

Ahh.
Oh I think I saw a clip of him screeching out something or other recently, was probably that.

Quote: billwill @ February 5 2012, 3:31 PM GMT

Sometime when you get a free moment, can you tell me how you set that up, what software etc.

It's a $90 wireless/steerable standalone camera. I just put the URL into an HTML page and that's it, everything is self-contained in the camera. It does (rather poor) audio also but requires something like Firefox and the VLC plugin.

http://foscam.us/foscam-fi8918w-wireless-ip-camera-11.html

Quote: DaButt @ February 5 2012, 3:36 PM GMT

It's a $90 wireless/steerable standalone camera. I just put the URL into an HTML page and that's it, everything is self-contained in the camera. It does (rather poor) audio also but requires something like Firefox and the VLC plugin.

http://foscam.us/foscam-fi8918w-wireless-ip-camera-11.html

Ah, OK.

*reads Foscam website*

Slightly trickier what I need to do as it will be in a Hotel & I can't change its router. Maybe a VPN. Hey Ho, I'll try something.

It's in the Daily Mail, so it's official:

Right-wingers are thick

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ February 5 2012, 10:36 PM GMT

It's in the Daily Mail, so it's official:

Right-wingers are thick

I can't believe that's true. I bet some right wingers are simply very selfish.

The Falkland Islands are currently being defended by one frigate and 4 jets.

Who due to cost cutting measures are not capable of launching anti ship missiles.

So basically the Falklands are completely undefended against the Argentine Navy.

Quote: zooo @ February 5 2012, 2:16 PM GMT

Nuh uh!

You have to train your palette like everything else.

I won't let someone who claims Kentucky Fried Chicken tastes nice tell me that alcohol doesn't! :)

A serious fire has "severely damaged" celebrity chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage Park Farm.

The blaze, which happened just after 10pm on Tuesday, has left the River Cottage team at the chef's headquarters in Axminster, Devon, "shocked and upset".

Fearnley-Whittingstall, who is away filming, is yet to find out about the fire, a spokesman said. The cause of the blaze is unknown.

Wonder if he left the chip pan on ?

Harry Redknapp not guilty!! WTF

Quote: sootyj @ February 8 2012, 11:08 AM GMT

The Falkland Islands are currently being defended by one frigate and 4 jets.

Who due to cost cutting measures are not capable of launching anti ship missiles.

So basically the Falklands are completely undefended against the Argentine Navy.

I agree that it's ridiculous that your "most modern" ship doesn't have an anti-ship capability besides helicopter-launched missiles, but the Argentine navy isn't exactly a powerhouse. And you have a submarine on the way, right?

I don't think anyone expects there to be any shooting. But a lot of wars begin that way ...

Well that's some comfort, but still ridiculous situation.

Made worse by France pipping Britain at the post for lucrative Indian jet contract. Becuase though there jets maybe 10 years older, atleast they've got all the correct equipment. In Libya most of the RAF work was done by 30-40 year old Tornadoes.

Quote: DaButt @ February 8 2012, 2:34 PM GMT

And you have a submarine on the way, right?

The submarine is already there DaButt, been lurking around the waters for at least a couple of months.

If it wasn't so deadly, I'd find the situation laughable. Argentina has renamed it's football league after General Belgrano no less.

But not to worry, we have Prince William down there ready to single handedly knock missiles out of the sky with his magical sceptre.

As for the Argies, imagine trying to pick a war when most of our troops are in Afghanistan trying to stop terrorists from blowing up the world. Can we start a campaign for Al Qaeda to target Buenos Aires?

My solution:

There are what, 2000 inhabitants? Send every one of them a military rifle and 500 rounds of ammunition. Give the hunters among them sniper rifles and veterans receive heavier machine guns. Send in a dozen troops to give them basic rifle instruction and it's settled. The total cost would be about $5 million -- probably less than the cost of sending a single warship to the region.

Taking the island would be a very bloody endeavor for the Argentines and they'd be condemned for attacking civilians in the first place.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 8 2012, 2:58 PM GMT

Can we start a campaign for Al Qaeda to target Buenos Aires?

Iran and Hezbollah have a proven track record of killing people in Buenos Aires and would certainly do it again. As long as they're Jews, of course.