I read the news today oh boy! Page 657

Quote: Nogget @ February 5 2012, 1:05 PM GMT

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/mar/07/safe-level-alcohol-consumption

That is one seriously flawed article, scroll down to the comments by markintex, LarryJayCee, GregCallus and someDave for a bit of perspective.

The whole article needs needs to be seen in the context of David Nutt's work on the comparison of relative health risks of different substances. This always struck me as being based on some dubious statistical assumptions.

I read the article somewhat differently. He's basically saying that alcohol is a toxic poison and that no matter how socially acceptable it might be, it is still a poison. It might be a nice tasting, relaxing and legal poison, but it's still bad for you.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 5 2012, 1:43 PM GMT

nice tasting

Nuh uh!

There will be a physician and a nurse at my Super Bowl party today, so let the poisoning begin!

GoooooooooOoOooo Patriots!!

* jumps up and down like a cheer leader *

(no idea what Patriots is - just getting into the spirit before the party. I am invited I take it? Cheers pardner )

Isn't the superbowl just a billion pound ad break where drug addicts in fancy dress jump on each other?

Quote: sootyj @ February 5 2012, 2:44 PM GMT

Isn't the superbowl just a billion pound ad break where drug addicts in fancy dress jump on each other?

Isn't that TOWIE also?

The Super Bowl is like an all day party - even if you have no interest in 'Gridiron' - it matters not because you do nothing but eat and drink. Imagine Christmas but instead of your boring relatives, it's all your best buddies.

Besides, the new VW Super Bowl Commercial is awesome sauce - you have to watch it all the way through to really get the humour.

TOWIE doesn't look like a billion pounds worth of anything.

Will Janet Jackson go one better this year
and get her chuff out during half time?

Quote: lofthouse @ February 5 2012, 2:42 PM GMT

(no idea what Patriots is - just getting into the spirit before the party. I am invited I take it? Cheers pardner )

Of course. You can watch us make fools of ourselves here: http://k1baa.com/cam.html

The game starts at 2330 GMT but I expect my neighbors to start drinking at 1800 and possibly earlier.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 5 2012, 2:48 PM GMT

The Super Bowl is like an all day party - even if you have no interest in 'Gridiron' - it matters not because you do nothing but eat and drink. Imagine Christmas but instead of your boring relatives, it's all your best buddies.

None of us have any interest in either team playing today but we won't turn down an excuse for drinking and eating all day and into the night.

Quote: lofthouse @ February 5 2012, 2:52 PM GMT

Will Janet Jackson go one better this year
and get her chuff out during half time?

This year it's Madonna and she's promised to remain clothed.

Yeeeeehaaaaaw!

err etc..

Is she singing the national anthem as well, or just performing?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 5 2012, 1:43 PM GMT

I read the article somewhat differently. He's basically saying that alcohol is a toxic poison and that no matter how socially acceptable it might be, it is still a poison. It might be a nice tasting, relaxing and legal poison, but it's still bad for you.

So are digitalis and nitroglycerine, but in carefully controlled small quantities they have saved lots of people from heart attacks.

Quote: zooo @ February 5 2012, 3:17 PM GMT

Is she singing the national anthem

She can sing?

Quote: Nogget @ February 5 2012, 3:23 PM GMT

She can sing?

Well that's why I'm asking! Seems a bit optimistic.