£50 monthly prize for rather short story

Hello. Hope you are all well.

I am editing a newsletter for an online sweet shop called www.aquarterof.co.uk and as part of the newsletter I am including a short story from 250 to 400 words.

The story can be fiction or non fiction. It must be told in the first person and it must have a point. The theme is nostalgia.

Examples of the newsletter can be seen here, the short story is included at the bottom of the newsletter, so scroll to the end to see it.

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/emails/Nov112.htm

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/emails/Nov11.htm

AQuarterOf.co.uk is a nostalgic brand and I'm looking for short pieces which transport you back to those carefree times of youth.

Times when all that mattered was what was happening right now and when summers seemed to last for ever. When adults were those odd people who did strange things for weird reasons.

Doesn't have to have a traditional three act structure, but it does have to have a point.

More than anything else they need to come from the heart. And it has to make you smile or laugh.

You will retain copyright. There is a tenuous plan to compile a collection of these if it goes well.

The newsletter goes out each week to around 35,000 people and you will be of course be bylined.

As well as general nostalgia I will be looking for specific themed stories at certain times of the year - valentines, easter, mothers day, fathers day, summer,winter, autumn... anything you can think of really.

I've got a budget of £50 which I'm going to award to one writer per month. I'll be the judge and jury on that decision.

I really hope some of you fancy submitting. If you do please email me: newsletter@aquarterof.com

If anyone can suggest other forums where I might benefit from posting this, that would be massively appreciated.

Have a lovely Christmas.

Warm regards
JW

Just giving this a little bump, in case anyone missed it.

Had a handful of submissions all very good quality so thank you for that.

You should pay people £50's worth (trade prices!)of sweets.
You might get more takers.
How many Sherbert Lemons is that?

Do stories have to be event specific (Valentine, Summer, Christmas, etc) or can they be nostalgic tales about anything?

Also, you say it comes out every week, but then you'll award a writer every month. Is there only a story once a month?

A sweets substitution could surely be arranged.

Mikey, they can be either nostalgic and event specific, or just nostalgic.

The newsletter goes out each week with a story in each one. And one of those gets the £50 prize, which I'll decide on while stroking a white cat.

Ah right.
But do you expect Bond to die? :P

With all those sweets he probably expects Bond to...

DIET!!!!!