Hello from a virgin

Hi

Just thought that I would say a quick hello as I have just joined.

I have been a Historical writer for years but only just started writing anything with a comedy theme. Always wanted to be a stand-up comedian having always been the clown!

Is there any comedians living in the Lincolnshire area who are willing for me to pick their brains? please give me a shout

Cheers
;)

Quote: LordJJ @ December 16 2011, 2:08 PM GMT

Hi

Just thought that I would say a quick hello as I have just joined.

I have been a Historical writer for years but only just started writing anything with a comedy theme. Always wanted to be a stand-up comedian having always been the clown!

Is there any comedians living in the Lincolnshire area who are willing for me to pick their brains? please give me a shout

Cheers
;)

Hey :) I'm new to stand up though I have one or 2 gigs. Out of some luck I go to Lincoln Uni so spend a fair amount of time up there though I'm currently back home in Wales for the hols.

I'll give any help I can though as I'm new to I can't promise much but I will help as much as I can.

Did somebody say virgin? Huh?

I used to live in Lincolnshire. Whereabouts are you?

Thanks James, yes mate please give me a shout when you are back at Uni and we will have to meet up for a natter!

Leevil I live in a village just outside Spilsby about ten miles from SkeggVegas :) I am just looking into moving down South closer to London.

Thanks

Awesome. I used to live in SkegVegas and occasionally visit Spilsby (to make me feel better about living in SkegVegas ;))

Its a nice area, however nothing realy happens here I need civilisation and I go to London often.

Where are you now?

My home town Market Deeping is the centre of the Universe. In fact, in olden times they did used to say that because you can stand in the market place and say, "To the West is Stamford, to the East is Spalding, to the North is Sleaford and to the South is Peterborough."

As I'm sure you'll agree, THAT makes it the centre of pretty much everything...

Quote: LordJJ @ December 16 2011, 6:03 PM GMT

Thanks James, yes mate please give me a shout when you are back at Uni and we will have to meet up for a natter!

Leevil I live in a village just outside Spilsby about ten miles from SkeggVegas :) I am just looking into moving down South closer to London.

Thanks

Thats cool I now of a few gigs in Lincoln itself as well as that's where I have done my gigs so after Crimbo I will know what gigs are coming up as well if you want to do any

Quote: James Hunter @ December 16 2011, 6:25 PM GMT

Thats cool I now of a few gigs in Lincoln itself as well as that's where I have done my gigs so after Crimbo I will know what gigs are coming up as well if you want to do any

I would love to come and watch some of the gigs but I personally need a bit more work before I stand up and make a complete twat of myself!

Not nervous, just need some more material
;)

Quote: LordJJ @ December 16 2011, 6:33 PM GMT

I would love to come and watch some of the gigs but I personally need a bit more work before I stand up and make a complete twat of myself!

Not nervous, just need some more material
;)

That's fine :) coming along to the gigs will also be helpful as I could introduce you to my uni's comedy society president and vice president. They have been doing stand up for a fair bit longer than me so know more and would happily give you advice.

I know there's going to be a gig pretty soon after Christmas which I should be on for though I am not sure where or exactly when yet. I am hoping it's going to be at The Tower Bar in Lincoln as the last gig we did had an awesome set up the stage was epic but sadly as I had done the gig a few days before I wasn't put on for it. But if it's not there it will most likely be at one of our usual places though which are all easy to find.

Also if you want someone to bounce idea's off I'll happily help. I have the reverse problem of you I write material rather well just I have some mild nerve problems on stage. Nothing major I just have a bad habit of talking too quick

Quote: James Hunter @ December 16 2011, 6:50 PM GMT

That's fine :) coming along to the gigs will also be helpful as I could introduce you to my uni's comedy society president and vice president. They have been doing stand up for a fair bit longer than me so know more and would happily give you advice.

I know there's going to be a gig pretty soon after Christmas which I should be on for though I am not sure where or exactly when yet. I am hoping it's going to be at The Tower Bar in Lincoln as the last gig we did had an awesome set up the stage was epic but sadly as I had done the gig a few days before I wasn't put on for it. But if it's not there it will most likely be at one of our usual places though which are all easy to find.

Also if you want someone to bounce idea's off I'll happily help. I have the reverse problem of you I write material rather well just I have some mild nerve problems on stage. Nothing major I just have a bad habit of talking too quick

Sounds good mate, can't wait. It will be good to meet other nutters like myself!

Quote: LordJJ @ December 16 2011, 6:11 PM GMT

Its a nice area, however nothing realy happens here I need civilisation and I go to London often.

Where are you now?

The problem with Eastcoast Lincolnshire is that it's not very well connected. Making it feel quite remote. I'm living in Northamptonshire now. I like it because it's in the middle, London ain't that far, neither is Birmingham and the other cities/places. It's very well connected in comparison with Skeggy.

Quote: Leevil @ December 16 2011, 7:02 PM GMT

The problem with Eastcoast Lincolnshire is that it's not very well connected. Making it feel quite remote. I'm living in Northamptonshire now. I like it because it's in the middle, London ain't that far, neither is Birmingham and the other cities/places. It's very well connected in comparison with Skeggy.

Yeah you are right if I did not drive I would go insane living here. I am thinking of moving to Surrey as I have family in Brighton which has a few places for comedy and I would also be close enough for London. Just don't fancy living in Brighton or London.

I moved here for the peace as I write a lot, only been here a year and I have had enough!

I grew up there, living in Skeg for 22 years. Glad I got out. I wouldn't go back if it wasn't for family. There's nothing wrong with it, but SkegVegas ain't my type of place.

Quote: Leevil @ December 16 2011, 7:20 PM GMT

I grew up there, living in Skeg for 22 years. Glad I got out. I wouldn't go back if it wasn't for family. There's nothing wrong with it, but SkegVegas ain't my type of place.

I like the open fields, scenery I also like Skeggy for a day! it reminds me of my childhood holidays there staying in a caravan with my granparents.

I just miss the bright lights of a city!!

Next time you come over this way give me a shout and we can meet up and chew the fat!