Hello Hello guess who's new

Hey I'm James I'm new to the site :). I'm a starting out stand up though I have already done one or gigs. I'm currently in the middle of writing some new material though I am suffering from a mental block which is why I joined to either find someone to bounce idea's off and to give my head a few minutes break in hope a few idea's would be freed up.

Hello.

Hey :D. Do you have interest in doing stand up or just joined out of a like of comedy in general :)

Only watching it. I'm too old and unpleasant on the eye to do it.

There's never a thing called too old or unpleasant. One of the gigs at my uni had this amazing guy who was in his 60's performing and also a guy who slightly resembled the fat controller off Thomas the Tank which amused me by itself but both were brilliant.

Well what sort of comedy you into? Dark Frankie Boyle-esque humour or more childish like Russell Howard?

Well...maybe I made myself sound too good.
I'm not really good with people...not through a lack of confidence or nerves - I just, generally, find I don't like many people.
Also I have no wish to do it.
That being said I do like lots of different stand ups.

That's fine :) all I shall say is that I find it a very fun thing to do.

What stand ups are your favourite's?

Well if you enjoy it it's well worth doing.
Favourites?...Jim Bowen.

I have a strange feeling I'm addicted to it :P which is why I am currently annoyed with my current mental block for writing material

Ah I remember seeing a bit of his stuff though not much bit before my time really. I currently have a growing love for Ross Noble just out of the sheer fact at how amazing he is at improvising. I can do some improv but my set is more written material. I can no way compare to his skills at it.

I was being a little sarcastic then...sorry.
Though Jim Bowen was once on in a club I used to go in, about 20 years ago, on my way home from work. They wanted 50p to get in!...I didn't get my pint that night.
That bastard!

Ah sorry sadly sarcasm is difficult to notice on the internet :P

That is bad though I know a friend who got annoyed as he had seen Bodger the Badger at a club one night at uni and Bodger had got mash potato in his drink :P.

Also mind block solved when I thought up the section I laughed so hard that I caused my dog to jump and nearly fall off the bed which then made me laugh again :D

Quote: rwayne @ December 13 2011, 8:39 PM GMT

Only watching it. I'm too old and unpleasant on the eye to do it.

You are never too old my friend... give it a try you never know you might like it.. :P

Regards
Mark ("has grandad still got it") Lovey

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcomes people :). What sort of comedy are you guys into?

Also I'm rather happy as a t-shirt I ordered with a set piece I had written about it has finally arrived :D

Belated welcome to our new biggest stand-up enthusiast.